advice on best way to set up my routine

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
So I have a routine I have been following. I have an hour in the morning to workout. Currently I do overhead press, deadlift, tricep extensions, and curls the first day. On day two I do benchpress, bent over rows, and squats. On day three I do 45 minutes of stationary bike for cardio and then pull ups and push ups for the last 15 minutes. Then the next day I start over.

My problem is that I think I am not giving my legs enough rest. My dead lift numbers have actually started to go down and this morning instead of doing 3 sets of 10 for my squats I did 3 and then my legs gave out. So I think i need to change up how I have my routine set up

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Haven't we answered this numerous times already?

Squatting and deadlifting twice a week plus 2 sessions on the bike is a lot for your legs. You'll probably need to sleep and eat a lot to manage that.

Make sure you deload regularly.

Last edited:

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Haven't we answered this numerous times already?

Squatting and deadlifting twice a week plus 2 sessions on the bike is a lot for your legs. You'll probably need to sleep and eat a lot to manage that.

Make you deload regularly.
i know i have asked variations of this question a few times but i have changed my routine several times so i wanted input on how to best set things up for what I am currently doing.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
i know i have asked variations of this question a few times but i have changed my routine several times so i wanted input on how to best set things up for what I am currently doing.
Until next time?

Why not just find a routine and stick with it, rather than keep tweaking a flawed one?

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Until next time?

Why not just find a routine and stick with it, rather than keep tweaking a flawed one?
I have been sticking with it for the most part. I did the same routine from febuary until last week when I decided I wanted to do 5 sets of reps for bench press instead of three so I needed to either drop something or move it. so I moved bent over rows to a different day. Only other change I have made was adding bulgarian split squats a few weeks ago when we talked about it. Now I am finding that its too much leg work so I am trying to figure out the best way to do the things I want to do in the time I have while not over doing things.

I am thinking maybe do deadlift and squats on the same day to give me a rest day for my legs on the other lift day?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I have been sticking with it for the most part. I did the same routine from febuary until last week when I decided I wanted to do 5 sets of reps for bench press instead of three so I needed to either drop something or move it. so I moved bent over rows to a different day. Only other change I have made was adding bulgarian split squats a few weeks ago when we talked about it. Now I am finding that its too much leg work so I am trying to figure out the best way to do the things I want to do in the time I have while not over doing things.

I am thinking maybe do deadlift and squats on the same day to give me a rest day for my legs on the other lift day?
Or drop the squats (and/or deads) to one session per week.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
That makes sense. Maybe drop deadlift during one 3 Day cycle then drop squats the next three day cycle and so on?

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Not to be a dick, we are all here to learn but there are plenty of tried and true programs out there you could follow with you equipment and time. I reckon you find one and stick to it for a few months.