Personal After a month of anxiety ridden house hunting...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Nice...I have visions of my own pond and tinkering with what fish to stock it with

wonder what is in the ponds you are moving near?
There's a huge fish hatchery near there, so I'm sure that's where they get them from. If it is, they have largemouth bass 100-200/acre, bluegill 1000-2000/acre, fathead minnow 1000-2000/acre, and redear bream 200/acre. If you're serious, a hatchery can actually help you set up a pond. My friend's family property had some old crawfish ponds on them that haven't been used since the 40's. They got in touch with this hatchery and they helped them turn them into fishing ponds.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Haha and there should be roughly 9000-18000 bass between the two ponds at any time :hearteyes:
I'll be doing some fishing this weekend for sure.

My own personal distinction of pond vs lake is if you can throw a rock from one shore to the other, it's a pond. If you can't, it's a lake.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Although Northern Pike are considered an invasive species-- they tend to overtake and eat everything in sight including their own, if contained in that pond/lake they grow into monsters and are active during the winter (ice fishing) if that applies. Just another option.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Although Northern Pike are considered an invasive species-- they tend to overtake and eat everything in sight including their own, if contained in that pond/lake they grow into monsters and are active during the winter (ice fishing) if that applies. Just another option.
he is from the south...no ice fishing yo

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I'll be doing some fishing this weekend for sure.

My own personal distinction of pond vs lake is if you can throw a rock from one shore to the other, it's a pond. If you can't, it's a lake.
I’ve got to buy a new rod. I broke my favorite one last year and Academy no longer carries them. I have a heavy rod for my spinner baits, but I hate the way it fights me to work finesse baits.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
ice fishing and beer seem to go well together. with weed being legal up here in Alaska, some choose to partake in that endeavor too.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I’ve got to buy a new rod. I broke my favorite one last year and Academy no longer carries them. I have a heavy rod for my spinner baits, but I hate the way it fights me to work finesse baits.
I have an Abu Garcia Veritas rod paired with a Pfleuger Arbor spinning reel. It's a nice balance.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I have an Abu Garcia Veritas rod paired with a Pfleuger Arbor spinning reel. It's a nice balance.
I was looking at that or the Vendetta. Gotta just go in and touch them before I decide.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Put in an offer $12k under asking and they countered with one $5k under asking. We put in a new offer at that price with closing costs paid by the seller and they accepted.

FIRST TIME HOME OWNER NOW!!!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Congrats Boots. Just went thru it and its hell. Good luck brother.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
the northern pike will eat everything in that pond and all the ducklings too

Put in an offer $12k under asking and they countered with one $5k under asking. We put in a new offer at that price with closing costs paid by the seller and they accepted.

FIRST TIME HOME OWNER NOW!!!
Congratulations mate.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
the northern pike will eat everything in that pond and all the ducklings too
Have to wonder... do they feel emotion when that happens or is she like “fuck it I’ve got four more”.

I’ve seen a small gator snatch a duckling like that and the mom kind of flapped at the water and just swam off.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Have to wonder... do they feel emotion when that happens or is she like “fuck it I’ve got four more”.

I’ve seen a small gator snatch a duckling like that and the mom kind of flapped at the water and just swam off.
i doubt there is emotion.they probably just look at it as food

the grown pikes eat pretty much anything they can get in their mouth.as big and ugly as they are the muskies eat the pike