After big UFC win, Dan Henderson still not planning on retiring anytime soon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Dan Henderson turns 45 this year. After losing 5 of his last 6 bouts, Hendo turned back the clock once again with a spectacular 28 second knock out against Tim Boetsch on their headlining bout. Like what Mark Munoz did in Manila, many felt this would be the perfect way to end a stellar career for the MMA legend. Hendo has other plans though.

"It would (be a great moment to retire with a big win)," Henderson said. "But I guess I will have to do that on the next couple of fights also."

"It doesn't matter to me (if my next fight is at middleweight or light heavyweight). I'm just enjoying the sport and that I'm still beating top guys."

LINK: After big UFC win, Dan Henderson still not planning on retiring anytime soon - Bloody Elbow

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If this continues, it's gonna be Daniel Henderson's mug on that mma Mt. Rushmore

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
If this continues, it's gonna be Daniel Henderson's mug on that mma Mt. Rushmore
I think he already is this is what I said a few years ago

Russia- Fedor
Brazil- Anderson
Canada- GSP
USA- Hendo

If more heads added
Asia- Saku
Europe- Reem/Bas

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
And I'd like to see a trilogy with Vitor

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Russia- Fedor
Brazil- Anderson
Canada- GSP
USA- Hendo

If more heads added
Asia- Saku
Europe- Reem/Bas
Could be. Brazil prefers Nog 3-1 though.
The fact is, not enough time has gone by to put it in stone.
It wouldn't seem legit without Royce, Ken, etc.,....

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

Russia- Fedor
Brazil- Anderson
Canada- GSP
USA- Hendo

If more heads added
Asia- Saku
Europe- Reem/Bas
lol europe..

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'll eat my crow on this and if he can beat the next guy I don't begrudge giving him a shot because they are going to want to take advantage of his remaining buy power if they can.

Gegard, Belfort, Anderson (kind of interesting if they actually slap his wrist on roid case) and Jacare are the only guys above him without a fight lined up. Although Leites, Lyoto, and Romero are all fighting in the next month too. The division is wide open for his matchups after July 18th

I'd say do the Bisping rematch after that as Bisping is ranked below him now.

If Hendo could beat Leites, the UFC would be much obliged as they probably don't want to give Leites a titleshot.

NM forgot Gegard just beat Hendersen two fights ago lol

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Vitor makes the most sense to me. They're both at the end of their careers, they have history, and it would be a fun fight.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
What a horrible game plan Boetsch had to stand right in front of Hendo and strike. Well i guess that's what happens when you get cocky and think you have granite chin. No doubt Tim has a good chin but why test it against someone with known KO power. Was happy Dan got the win though.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I love hendo but I'll admit I thought he was done. A fight with Vitor would be cool.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I wish Hendo would retire, but I suspect he wants one more name from the old days on his list or maybe someone who beat him. I hope he's not thinking he has a shot at Weidman because stylistically he's no B-Hop. Hendo's been in some wars and I don't want to see him or Hunt ever get punchy.