VID After latest win, Bryan Caraway wants Michael McDonald or UFC title shot

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgmPkNhU74w

After beating Eddie Wineland at this past Saturday’s UFC on FOX 16 event, bantamweight Bryan Caraway would like to welcome Michael McDonald back into the UFC’s octagon.

The way Caraway (20-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC) sees it, McDonald (16-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) has held onto his high ranking for a little too long, and he’d like to relieve him of it.

“Who above me (in rankings) that I’ve been wanting to fight forever, so I might as well stay with it – I don’t know how he is with his injuries, but I really want to fight McDonald,” Caraway told MMAjunkie Radio soon after the Wineland win. “I’d been wanting to fight him or Eddie Wineland, whoever (was) going to come back first, whoever’s ready to fight first.

“I really want to fight McDonald; he’s been in that No. 4 or 5th ranked spot forever, and I really want to break into that top five. I’m only trying to look forward.”

While McDonald, who’s ranked No. 7 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA bantamweight rankings, has yet to return from a long injury layoff, No. 14 Caraway got one name checked off his list when he outpointed Wineland (21-11-1 MMA, 3-5 UFC) on the main card of this past Saturday’s event at Chicago’s United Center.

The win put Caraway back in the win column after a decision loss to top contender Raphael Assuncao this past October. It also put him in a unique place in the UFC’s bantamweight division – and not necessarily one with a lot of leeway if upward mobility is his main concern.

“They announced that over the speakers, and (UFC matchmaker) Sean Shelby told me that other than Raphael Assuncao, I’ll be the highest ranked guy that hasn’t fought for the belt,” he said. “So who knows. Maybe the cards will fall right and I’ll get my chance in the title in my next fight. I’ve finished every single guy except for Wineland; it’s hard to finish every guy in the top 10, top five. I think I belong up there at the top. So either Michael McDonald, or I want to fight for the belt.”

LINK: After latest win, Bryan Caraway wants Michael McDonald or UFC title shot | MMAjunkie

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Ronda vs Tate and TJ vs Caraway on the same card? Makes no sense for Caraway. He's 2 big wins away from a title shot IMO. But, if His gets a shot after getting lot up. Why not. Let's go with it.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
McDonald's will kill caraway.

At least he would of 10 years ago when he last fought

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
McDonald last fought on December 14th, 2013. A sub loss to Faber in a fight that Faber completely steamrolled him.
Faber is ranked 4th
McDonald is ranked 5th
Mr. Tate is ranked 6th

I don't see a lot to gain by fighting McDonald other than he's an easy mark due to his long layoff. Instead of being strategic about it, I would like to see Mr. Tate call out Faber. Beat Faber and then talk about being the title picture.