After sparring with Conor McGregor, Paulie Malignaggi says ‘there’s a method to Conor’s madness’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Those thinking that Conor McGregor and his team of coaches are just winging it heading into his massive boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. are mistaken, according to Paulie Malignaggi, McGregor’s newest boxing sparring partner.

Malignaggi said Friday night in an interview with ESPN’s Brett Okamoto that pundits who might think McGregor is treating this as just a money grab are very wrong.

“He’s got a game plan behind it,” Malignaggi said. “It’s not what people think. There’s a game plan behind what he’s doing. There’s a method to Conor’s madness.”
After sparring with Conor McGregor, Paulie Malignaggi says ‘there’s a method to Conor’s madness’

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What is he supposed to say? He is getting paid to promote this fight.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Trash talking while training might be good. Like when I was a kid, I remember hearing something about Paula Abdul getting in shape for concerts by having to talk or sing the entire time she was on a treadmill--good conditioning? Maybe he is planning to talk Floyd into screwing up or taunting him. Probably not a great plan, but if that's your shot for an opening, I guess you have to take it.

Nov 21, 2015
Those thinking that Conor McGregor and his team of coaches are just winging it heading into his massive boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. are mistaken, according to Paulie Malignaggi, McGregor’s newest boxing sparring partner.

Malignaggi said Friday night in an interview with ESPN’s Brett Okamoto that pundits who might think McGregor is treating this as just a money grab are very wrong.

“He’s got a game plan behind it,” Malignaggi said. “It’s not what people think. There’s a game plan behind what he’s doing. There’s a method to Conor’s madness.”
I saw this too. Looks like they are making an effort to have
youtube remove this interview...

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
I believe.

I'm not saying that McGregor will win. In fact, I think that he will gas out and get stopped late. But I am saying that he will look much better than most expect.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Trash talking while training might be good. Like when I was a kid, I remember hearing something about Paula Abdul getting in shape for concerts by having to talk or sing the entire time she was on a treadmill--good conditioning? Maybe he is planning to talk Floyd into screwing up or taunting him. Probably not a great plan, but if that's your shot for an opening, I guess you have to take it.
Completely off-topic, but is it wrong that when I was wee lad around 1991, I had the biggest crush on Paula Abdul? Because it'd been decades since I thought about that.

Also, I appreciate any bit of completely false hope that CMG's paid sparring partners wanna give to his fans.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I believe.

I'm not saying that McGregor will win. In fact, I think that he will gas out and get stopped late. But I am saying that he will look much better than most expect.
Nobody looks good against Floyd. McGregor will look ridiculous after the first 2 rounds.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
He didn't say Conor would look good he said he'd look better than most expect.
Overton window is shifting anyway. Few weeks ago it was he won't land a punch, now it's the first two rounds, fight time 13 second walk off KO.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Overton window is shifting anyway. Few weeks ago it was he won't land a punch, now it's the first two rounds, fight time 13 second walk off KO.

The wont land a punch line was based off of him landing a clean power shot. It has zero to do with actually landing a few punches.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Didn't they take woodley's to bring into the ring? Looks like he never gave it back.
Seems like the only plausible explanation... wonder if that's what happened though as I don't see how woodley would be okay with not getting it back.