Sci/Tech AI experts are preparing for the worst

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
The one concern we should probably have about AI that no one seems to be discussing, is that we probably aren't going to know when AI becomes self aware. Is that something you've heard discussed at all?

p.s. It makes me extremely sad that we didn't get the opportunity to have this conversation in person.
Never read Theodore’s manifesto but I’ve heard he was attempting to thwart the rise of A.I

Anyone have more info on this?

Also interesting reads:

http://kryten.mm.rpi.edu/FS605BringsjordS.pdf

A Robot Has Just Passed a Classic Self-Awareness Test For The First Time

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I thought Google made an AI but had to shut it down because it was a Nazi?

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I don’t think we are able to differentiate the difference between a A.I ChatBot and a human Poster at this point in time....

The A.I bots have already gained to much information and can now easily emulate human posting patterns with ease.

I'm only kidding with you. There are a lot of varying opinions on AI and what dangers it represents. What I just wanted to bring to the attention of this forum is that conversations about what AI will do (and really are already doing) is being discussed at length and solutions are already being proposed, some of which may unintentionally exacerbate certain problems. I made this post to encourage everyone to pay attention to these discussions when they can and participate in whatever ways possible. AI doesn't have to be "strong," i.e. getting to Terminator/Matrix levels, to be troubling for its societal implications. The conversation is happening in a lot of spaces, technical, policy, critical, philosophical, etc that are trying to unpack what happens next, but there needs to be more robust input from the general public because there is increasingly a pivot to action and solutionism that probably could benefit from more widespread discussion outside the academic and technical community.
To what degree do experts poach ideas they read in online discussions?

Half-joking

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don’t think we are able to differentiate the difference between a A.I ChatBot and a human Poster at this point in time....

The A.I bots have already gained to much information and can now easily emulate human posting patterns with ease.
very possible
I don't trust jack shit