Al Iaquinta Calls out Kirik on his BS Headlines

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Pretty funny..

"im not trying to put on exciting fights" -HAHA never said

What is this BJPENN.COM

I didn't think the UG was the type of place that put words in fighters mouths... a dominant performance can be just as exciting... and that is what I'm getting at,

very disappointed in the thread title

please delete

I hold my head high because i like to think i come out to make every one of my fights exciting

AL

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thre...fomance/?pc=12

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
talking about taking shit out of context....jesus fucking christ kirik is dumb sometimes.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
0 minutes ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up​
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
David M -
Kirik - How about - Iaquinta aims to dominate not win performance bonuses? Does that more accurately capture it?
Where I come from people like you get slapped​
Where are you from?

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He knows exactly what he is doing when he makes these thread titles. I'm glad Al called him out on it.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Wow..thats weak..Al is one those guys who gets better every fight...and is shocking the shit out of me...lets get al his due on here and show em there are educated ppl who follow the sport and have great appreciation for great performances..

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Anyone know how to get in touch with Al? I'd love to introduce myself and discuss getting him to partake in some discussion here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
lol you should see how many posts you can get in and make them all clickable links to here
i got to about 30....have about 80 people on last night, and then the wiped me out men in black style....its like I was never there

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Lol...hmm we need get a fighter like El toro give us shoutouts on his interviews and post fights

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
We gotta get one his friends on here and get him to lure al...this could get good

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Someone PM him on the UG and invite him over. Tell him he won't be misquoted to induce thread clicks over here.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ya i like how kiriks all like "oh what ever do you mean sir? its a direct quote".....no you dummy you took a tiny piece of it and out of context it sounds like something you want it to so you can get clickssssssssss

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Thatonedude;n10878 said:
talking about taking shit out of context....jesus fucking christ kirik is dumb sometimes.
Did he? Or is Al mistaken over what he said in an interview? Kirik copied what another article from another site, which had that quote verbatim. You can say that is hack journalism, but every news outlet does it, even ones which produce their own content as well. Kirik has plenty of faults and the UG blog at times is a disgrace, but this is hardly his fault, not to mention when called out he immediately made attempts to fix the problem. .

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Zeph;n11015 said:
Did he? Or is Al mistaken over what he said in an interview? Kirik copied what another article from another site, which had that quote verbatim. You can say that is hack journalism, but every news outlet does it, even ones which produce their own content as well. Kirik has plenty of faults and the UG blog at times is a disgrace, but this is hardly his fault, not to mention when called out he immediately made attempts to fix the problem. .
Him fixing it shows it was an issue. He used 1 piece of the quote and the part he chose was "I'm not trying to put on exciting fights" as the headline.... The fucking headline. The whole quote was about how he's trying to dominate and work his way up.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Zeph;11015 said:
Kirik knew what he was doing and even though the article was copied, the headline wasn't. That was all him.

He also added a paragraph at the end that said Al has more pressure to win now that he doesn't plan on entertaining the fans.

It was complete bullshit that it was published. He tried to make Al look bad through a clickbait headline and he got called out for it.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Shy Guy;n11030 said:
Kirik knew what he was doing and even though the article was copied, the headline wasn't. That was all him.

He also added a paragraph at the end that said Al has more pressure to win now that he doesn't plan on entertaining the fans.

It was complete bullshit that it was published. He tried to make Al look bad through a clickbait headline and he got called out for it.

That is a good point. After re-reading the full comments I can see how he took them out of context which I didn't pick up when I initially skimmed it.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
LOL Iaquinta just made a thread titled "Are you not entertained?" and the post was "Fuck the UG"