Al Iaquinta: Dana White has zero power over me

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC lightweight contender Al Iaquinta is once again displeased with top management. A week ago, “Ragin Al’” put UFC president Dana White on blast for the company’s plan to move the weigh-in time from the early morning back to its original schedule at 4 pm.

In a recent interview with ESPN, Iaquinta remains defiant about the intended schedule change.

”I’m going to weigh-in and then I’m going to start eating,” Iaquinta said. “I signed a contract under the assumption we are weighing in in the morning, so we are. There will be no afternoon weigh-in, 100 percent.”

”Dana is out of line, and this is the last straw. They’ve never seen anyone like me. I will do everything in my power to make sure this is…

UFC lightweight Al Iaquinta: Dana White has zero power over me

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If he signed a contract which specified that, then he’s in the right. Hope he checked the small print or he’ll look like a right knob.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
”I’ve got to keep fighting inside the cage and out,” Iaquinta said. “The UFC needs a person like me, because I love this sport, and Dana -- I don’t know if he loves this anymore. I think he’s just addicted to the spotlight and making it all about him.”

”The more Dana White gets in front of a mic, the stronger we get. The more he opens his mouth, the more [Project Spearhead] forms we fill out.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I'll be interested to see the confrontation that results from trying to force an early weigh in.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Good for him. Hes far from my favorite fighter, but I like his attitude. Similar to Colby imo.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Yeah, but don't forget they've made it harder by bloating the roster. I haven't checked the latest numbers, though.
That shouldn't matter whatsoever
If you can't get 30% to sign a sig card, there is zero chance to get enough for a union (if it goes that far)

its insipid that 30% isn't a slam dunk this early in the process.

I don't get why fighters are not behind the initial process in droves.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Here is the thing
Even if a fighter is anti-union, they can still get info (on whether they are truly IC's) & then vote no as far as a union
But they do not even want the info lol
I’ve gotten to the point where I feel no sympathy for them at this point. Not signing these cards is totally asinine.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Damn. Hotel rooms & Dana White's driveway, look out!

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Here is the thing
Even if a fighter is anti-union, they can still get info (on whether they are truly IC's) & then vote no as far as a union
But they do not even want the info lol

It don't matter. Not really even an excuse. Just because the fighters do not have a union does not mean the UFC has to go above indecent in the amount of revenue they take compared to what they give the fighters. Sure the fighters would be better off if they had a union and a more central plan for the collective MMA, but the UFC still does not have to be overzealous and rip of the fighters, who is why we even have MMA.. Also is your statement actually true of every fighter or most fighters?

mmadotcomisufcdotcom

Oct 26, 2015
and one-time weigh-ins are bullshit. Weight-cutting is not MMA.
Unfortunately, IMO, weight cutting is MMA...best weight cutters end up champs, A. Silva, Rhona, woodley, barao, aldo, connor, eventually cyborg...list goes on and on. People who can drop the highest percentage of body weight and still operate at peak levels become champs in MMA. For years, to me at least, it has felt that a key part of being a champ in MMA entails an ability to drop more weight than 90% of the division.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Unfortunately, IMO, weight cutting is MMA...best weight cutters end up champs, A. Silva, Rhona, woodley, barao, aldo, connor, eventually cyborg...list goes on and on. People who can drop the highest percentage of body weight and still operate at peak levels become champs in MMA. For years, to me at least, it has felt that a key part of being a champ in MMA entails an ability to drop more weight than 90% of the division.
Severe weight cuts are stupid. Anyone who wants to complain about fighter safety should be against it. Edgar and Rumble prove this.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Severe weight cuts are stupid. Anyone who wants to complain about fighter safety should be against it. Edgar and Rumble prove this.
Anyone who cares about weight cuts should, simply, consider training harder so it doesn’t become an issue on weigh in day.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I’m so over this. Move up a weight. Don’t knacker yourself out to the point of not being able to get yourself on and off the scales and into a hotel lift without help.it’s an embarrassment.

This shit is what will put our sport in the press with a death.