Al Iaquinta hopes ‘constant mockery’ Snoop Dogg is booted off Contender Series

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Al Iaquinta doesn’t think Snoop Dogg and mixed martial arts commentary should go together.

Most watchers have been pleased with rap icon Snoop Dogg’s broadcast work at Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series (DWTNCS), prospect cards that have been running once a week for the past month on UFC Fight Pass.

But Iaquinta isn’t a fan and doesn’t take kindly to some of Snoop Dogg’s words. In response to Snoop Dogg saying Jon Jones made Daniel Cormier cry ‘like a little b-tch’ at UFC 214, the 155-pound fighter, who also sells real estate, said he hopes Snoop Dogg is replaced on DWTNCS.

“Guy has no respect or knowledge of the sport or fighters. Constant mockery,” the New…

Iaquinta hopes Snoop Dogg is booted off DWTNCS

T

The Big Guy

I agree. Confirmed gang members shouldnt be involved in mma. Doesnt help the image of a sport with idiots like war machine when we add snoop to the mix

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
I was excited when Snoop was announced, mainly because he has such a smooth voice. But that changed super quickly when i started to listen to what he was actually saying.

@Jack Lame 's point is also something i didn't consider. Agree 100% with that

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I love it
It's so trashy it is must watch tv.
If Dana had a clue he'd get Ferrel from Yamma fame to do in cage introductions.

Last edited:

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Meh. The DC comment wasn't that bad. That's what most people are saying anyways - just look at the memes. Snoop didn't make that up.

Its his lack of knowledge of the sport that is cringeworthy during his commentary.

Nov 21, 2015
Considering the fucked up memes of DC crying the keyboard warriors have pushed all
over the internet I'm surprised people are surprised that Snoop feels comfortable saying what
he said...

Its a reflection of society people... We post some pretty borderline
disrespectful shit ourselves... Look in the mirror... this is you too

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Yeah, snoop has room to talk about a warriors mindset after fighting a losing battle. Oh wait, no he doesn't. Everyone know "cuz" got booted out of Long Beach by crips that told him to bounce. He wasn't paying his dues (giving back to the community while profiting off of it (raps about lbc and crips in his songs)). They told his bitch made mark ass to to git and he got. But then made a YouTube video calling them all punks from the comfort of his armchair.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I enjoyed Snoop's commentary. He makes up his own terminology mid-fight. It's different and it's worth having multiple commentary crews to switch over to. Not as a primary play by play crew though.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
People take shit way too seriously here. I don't have fightpass, but, listening to Snoop is an option right?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
People take shit way too seriously here. I don't have fightpass, but, listening to Snoop is an option right?
People as in Al Iaquinta? Al took umbrage to some cocksucker who knows nothing about MMA belittling MMA despite being a paid commentator for it, and calling a guy who would beat the shit out of him in 5 seconds a 'bitch'. Which is entirely reasonable. While he is an 'optional' commentator, it is still an absurd situation and more fighters should tell Snoop to shut the fuck up.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
He's pretty bad...but he isn't going anywhere. But also...it's an entertaining bad even if it's disrespectful. That's kind of what's so good about Rogan. Along with knowing his shit, he's the most entertaining MMA commentator there is.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Al took umbrage to
Pretty much everything.

I was talking about people in general. See it as listening to fight companion, with Rogan, Callen, etc. Those type of commentaries are just for the fun of it, as if listening to fans talk.

It's just that Raging Al is not exactly a beacon of respect himself I guess.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Pretty much everything.

I was talking about people in general. See it as listening to fight companion, with Rogan, Callen, etc. Those type of commentaries are just for the fun of it, as if listening to fans talk.

It's just that Raging Al is not exactly a beacon of respect himself I guess.
Those fan podcasts aren't run by the UFC and Snoop is not actually a fan. Hence Al is correct in calling them out on it.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dana is forever stuck in 1999 where snoop is still relevant and face the pain is edgy.he is that rich bald guy who is hopelessly clinging on to his youth

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Faber is actually worse.

Snoop is just a stoned, drunk, guy that's ignorant when it comes to MMA.

Faber sounds like a complete moron because he tries to play to Snoop too much and just comes off as trying too hard.