Al Iaquinta: UFC stripped Tony Ferguson because he’s a ‘weirdo’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Yesterday, ex-UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson took a pop at Khabib Nurmagomedov on social media and, in the process, mocked Al Iaquinta for being a part-time fighter and a real estate agent.

.Beats a non-full time fighter real estate agent ranked #11 on @ufc roster, and I get Stripped when same thing happened to @rjwhittaker1990 @teamkhabib run til’ November #PaperChump UFC on Twitter

— Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) April 24, 2018

Ferguson, 34, is referring to the Nurmagomedov’s championship win over Iaquinta at UFC 223, where ‘The Eagle’ dominated ‘Raging Al’ in the main event at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Iaquinta fires back at Ferguson: UFC stripped you of the title ‘cause you’re a weirdo’

Everyone is correct.
Tony has to tell his ego to pipe the fuck down, and then conduct himself like he's always in a restaurant and doesn't want the staff to fuck with his food.

Megatron Robinson

I BOMB ATOMICALLY
Jul 26, 2015
I don't think either of them are wrong but Tony is definitely more irritating.

Al put up a great fight. Don't gotta shit on him to prove your point, Fergie.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
As a fighter Tony is easily one of the best, everything else is horrible. He makes Colby Covington cringe.

Nov 21, 2015

Yesterday, ex-UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson took a pop at Khabib Nurmagomedov on social media and, in the process, mocked Al Iaquinta for being a part-time fighter and a real estate agent.

.Beats a non-full time fighter real estate agent ranked #11 on @ufc roster, and I get Stripped when same thing happened to @rjwhittaker1990 @teamkhabib run til’ November #PaperChump UFC on Twitter

— Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) April 24, 2018

Ferguson, 34, is referring to the Nurmagomedov’s championship win over Iaquinta at UFC 223, where ‘The Eagle’ dominated ‘Raging Al’ in the main event at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Iaquinta fires back at Ferguson: UFC stripped you of the title ‘cause you’re a weirdo’

Funny thing I heard Rogan say that Danus told him.

Egg Speaking about Tony's injury:

Dana (according to Rogan) said "Everybody that wears sunglasses indoors
needs to have what happened to Tony happen to them too"

LMAO

So wrong... yet kinda so right!

M

member 3289

Tony is probably the cringeworthiest fighter in the UFC.

Everything he does just comes across as lame or weird.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think it's a three way race between Tony, Colby, and Kevin Lee, those three are just... AWFUL!!!!
Extremely insulting to Lee. Kevin seems like a brash guy, Tony is just weird and Colby is a try hard.

Extremely insulting to Lee. Kevin seems like a brash guy, Tony is just weird and Colby is a try hard.
As good a fighter that he is, he is young and let's be honest, it's not insulting to note that when we are young, we try on different "hats" and see which one people accept us in. Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon enough but his trash talk leading up to his fight with Tony was as bad as el Cucuy (or however the fuck it's spelt).

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think he's a caricature of a character that Conor plays
C'mon man. Conor has scripted lines about buying people and so on. Kevin just says some things that people get sensitive about and when they approach them he punches them in the face. Eventually people have to stop saying Conor is stealing from Chael, Colby is stealing from Chael, Lee is stealing from Conor... I see no real similarities between Lee and Conor in any way. Conor gets emotional and loud in people's face. Anytime I see Lee shit talk he's got a little grin or something and I see that as him just being himself. I don't even think he's trying to hurt feelings on purpose, just speaking his mind.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
As good a fighter that he is, he is young and let's be honest, it's not insulting to note that when we are young, we try on different "hats" and see which one people accept us in. Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon enough but his trash talk leading up to his fight with Tony was as bad as el Cucuy (or however the fuck it's spelt).
I've been a fan of Lee since he entered the UFC. IMO I've seen the same guy each time when he shows his personality. He may mature over the years but he's been outspoken from the get go.

I've been a fan of Lee since he entered the UFC. IMO I've seen the same guy each time when he shows his personality. He may mature over the years but he's been outspoken from the get go.
I don't think I'm debating you on that.

M

member 603

C'mon man. Conor has scripted lines about buying people and so on. Kevin just says some things that people get sensitive about and when they approach them he punches them in the face. Eventually people have to stop saying Conor is stealing from Chael, Colby is stealing from Chael, Lee is stealing from Conor... I see no real similarities between Lee and Conor in any way. Conor gets emotional and loud in people's face. Anytime I see Lee shit talk he's got a little grin or something and I see that as him just being himself. I don't even think he's trying to hurt feelings on purpose, just speaking his mind.
No I get it, he probably means what he says, and I feel that a little trash talk to keep it fun is beneficial.. However, how'd Lee go from a "Hip Hop street culture" vibe to "shiny shirt and sunglasses inside" vibe? His delivery, while sincere, comes off forced... Not at the same cringeworthy level as Tony and Colby, but definitely he's using the "let me play the psychological warfare game, and also get more exposure for myself" angle.

I look at the great natural trash talkers in the history of MMA, guys who would talk not for shock value, but because it was how they rolled... The Diaz Brothers, Frank Shamrock, Conor (truly believes he's that guy), Michael Bisping (arrogant AF, but natural in his delivery), Chael is witty, has great delivery, but also has used scripted lines, hell even guys like Tom Lawlor and Din Thomas. When you can talk shit, and it comes off as real, not forced, and flows naturally, that's what makes it great... Kevin doesn't flow like that.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No I get it, he probably means what he says, and I feel that a little trash talk to keep it fun is beneficial.. However, how'd Lee go from a "Hip Hop street culture" vibe to "shiny shirt and sunglasses inside" vibe? His delivery, while sincere, comes off forced... Not at the same cringeworthy level as Tony and Colby, but definitely he's using the "let me play the psychological warfare game, and also get more exposure for myself" angle.

I look at the great natural trash talkers in the history of MMA, guys who would talk not for shock value, but because it was how they rolled... The Diaz Brothers, Frank Shamrock, Conor (truly believes he's that guy), Michael Bisping (arrogant AF, but natural in his delivery), Chael is witty, has great delivery, but also has used scripted lines, hell even guys like Tom Lawlor and Din Thomas. When you can talk shit, and it comes off as real, not forced, and flows naturally, that's what makes it great... Kevin doesn't flow like that.
I can agree with lots in there. Where I gotta disagree is your analysis on Bisping coming off genuine and Lee not lol. Bisping to me is thee most forced shit talk guy to ever grace MMA.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015

I cant' say I agree, but those are solid points.

My take on the "shiny shirt and sunglasses inside" vibe is this: Lee's a 25-year-old kid who made decent money being one of the best in the world at what he does. He's still trying to figure shit out & said as much on the Rogan podcast. And despite his age and the changes he's going through in the public eye, he seems pretty real to a lot of us.

Remember this?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N0imbeD2zc

Doesn't seem like an act to me. He made some good points. And it flows.