Al Iaquinta vs Diego Sanchez in April

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Al Iaquinta will make his return to the UFC on April 22 in Nashville against Diego Sanchez, the UFC announced Saturday night.

This will be the first fight for Iaquinta in more than two years. Injuries and a contract dispute have kept Iaquinta away from the octagon.

Iaquinta, ranked No. 14 in the UFC’s lightweight division, is on a four-fight winning streak, with victories over Jorge Masvidal, Joe Lauzon, Ross Pearson and Rodrigo Damm.

Sanchez last fought in November 2016 and won a unanimous decision over Marcin Held.

Wantagh’s Iaquinta returns to UFC April 22

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I guess there is no point worrying about Diego's brain any more as the damage is already done.

Easy way to reintroduce Raging Al. He'll be on a 5-fight streak regardless of the lay off after this which puts him, in the words of cuntface Dana, 'right in the mix'.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I guess there is no point worrying about Diego's brain any more as the damage is already done.

Easy way to reintroduce Raging Al. He'll be on a 5-fight streak regardless of the lay off after this which puts him, in the words of cuntface Dana, 'right in the mix'.
What do you propose he should do instead?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Who, Diego?

Retire? Become a janitor? Who gives a shit? Anything that doesn't involve getting punched in the head any more.
He's the one who decides to eat punches. His style when he won tuf was a polar opposite and a way to the belt no doubt.

His craziness has also led to some instant classic fights.

If he wants to fight I say let him. Maybe he'll switch it up and go on a run?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
good for La Quinta on his return but do they even book any championships anymore??

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Who, Diego?

Retire? Become a janitor? Who gives a shit? Anything that doesn't involve getting punched in the head any more.
Hmm revisiting this I wonder who has been punched in the head the most times in mma. I think Diego has to be right up there?

There was a stat person here. Forgot who it is tho

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Zeph @Zeph likes that stuff I think. How many headshot has Diego Sanchez had in the UFC?

Or anyone?

Or any fighter for this discussion. Who ate the most punches

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Diego is a classic case of I'm a puncher now...who cares about wrestling and grappling.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Diego is a classic case of I'm a puncher now...who cares about wrestling and grappling.
These guys do this when they either get too old to wrestle or too tired and old lol. Look at Hendo, and many others. I guess its less tiring to just punch and kick as oppose to grappling and having peoples weight on you.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
These guys do this when they either get too old to wrestle or too tired and old lol. Look at Hendo, and many others. I guess its less tiring to just punch and kick as oppose to grappling and having peoples weight on you.
Or they get a few knockouts and get a thirst for more.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
i think he took down jim miller as much as he could to win that decision. i could be mistaken. i was smashed

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I thought that too in till he just beat Marcin Held by using his excellent grappling...and Marcin is absolute animal on the ground..Marcin just handled Lauzon in grappling but was robbed

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Did Al save up enough money selling houses to be able to start training again?