Aldo: McGregor won’t have any UFC belt by the end of 2016

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Hoping for a rematch with McGregor after losing his belt in December, Aldo told the media in Rio de Janeiro on Wednesday that Rafael dos Anjos will win at UFC 196, and the Irishman won’t be remembered by the fans by the end of 2016.

"I think it’s tough," Aldo said when asked if he thinks McGregor can beat dos Anjos and go after the welterweight title next. "And I’ll say this: I don’t think he will have any belt by the end of the year. And everyone will forget him. He has this dream, this goal, but you can be sure that he won’t have any (belt) by the end of the year."

"A fight is a fight and you have to respect the other side," Aldo added, "but I see Rafael with the (lightweight) belt and the (featherweight) belt back to me. That’s a fact."

LINK: Jose Aldo: Conor McGregor won’t have any UFC belt by the end of 2016

CHiLLEN

All hail the Irishman
Feb 8, 2016
It's a possibility that he won't be holding any belts, but I believe he will. We didn't see enough of their fight to truely see if Aldo matched up well against McGregor. Aldo has never been in this position before in his career, finally having something to chase instead of defend.

It's going to be an interesting year.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
It's a possibility that he won't be holding any belts, but I believe he will. We didn't see enough of their fight to truely see if Aldo matched up well against McGregor. Aldo has never been in this position before in his career, finally having something to chase instead of defend.

It's going to be an interesting year.
Agreed. Maybe tbis is exactly what he needed to get some fire back. Either way I could imagine the fight going that way again unless he just jumps In again. He should really go slow and blast those leg kicks and make it a long fight and long night.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Sigh. Trying so hard not to lose respect for Jose, but this Bitter Betty routine is getting really old.

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
It's not out of the realm of possibilities. Conor loses to RDA, then has to cut to 145 and lose muscle mass again vs Frankie. It could throw his normal routine of cutting weight. Should Frankie win, then yeah Conor could be title-less.

I think something along those lines happened to Roy Jones Jr, where he went to HW and then back down and he was never the same fighter. Although at the time he could've been older. Going up and down in weight is not good for the humman body.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It's not out of the realm of possibilities. Conor loses to RDA, then has to cut to 145 and lose muscle mass again vs Frankie. It could throw his normal routine of cutting weight. Should Frankie win, then yeah Conor could be title-less.

I think something along those lines happened to Roy Jones Jr, where he went to HW and then back down and he was never the same fighter. Although at the time he could've been older. Going up and down in weight is not good for the humman body.
Certainly possible. He looked like death weighing in at 145, and has bulked up a lot for this fight (at least it appears that way in pics). You would think that making 145 now just got a hell of a lot tougher.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Well I don't know about that prediction, but I can tell you who didn't have any belts by the end of 2015

ChaosOverkill

Quod severis metes
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Rent free obsessive lodging in Aldo's head.

Aldo is going to be mumbling "I could have beat him... I could have beat him..." in his old age.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
look at how skinny spongebobs legs are aldo is going to lowkick him into a living death