Alexander Gustafsson says Jon Jones is the real UFC light heavyweight champion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Alexander Gustafsson holds a unique place in the 205-pound division as the only fighter to have competed against both Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier. He took each man to the limit, nearly defeating them both but suffering decision losses that were controversial at the time.

Jones, of course, has beaten Cormier twice but went afoul of USADA after the second fight and the title was given back to Cormier. So which one does Gustafsson think is better? And who does he want to fight? He answered that on a recent edition of the MMA Hour:

“He has the belt, and I want to fight Cormier again for sure. I want the belt. But the real champion is Jon…

Alexander Gustafsson says Jon Jones is the real UFC light heavyweight champion

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
forgot how amazing Gus's woman was

what a stud

Him and Shogun are my all time 205 crushes/idols....class fighters with dime women on their side

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Gus is all class. I just wish he would fight more often. He should definitely get the first crack at Jones if he ever comes back.

CHiLLEN

All hail the Irishman
Feb 8, 2016
Such an odd statement.

This is a bit out of left field, but maybe we need to read in between the lines here?

Let's assume he knows that the elite fighters are using PED's still, but just using them a lot smarter now.

So it would kind of make sense if he was to say that about Jones.

Muridae83

Posting Machine
Nov 3, 2016
I just wish for christmas that Gus learns to translate exactly what he means in english. Even though im a huge fan what he said in this interview sounded quite retarded due to poor translation from him.