General Alienator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
he is good dude and an important member of our community
Totally agree. Alienator is one of my favorite people here.

I have no idea what happened, and I'm not going to even try to figure it out. I hope he gets the break he needs and comes back soon.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Totally agree. Alienator is one of my favorite people here.

I have no idea what happened, and I'm not going to even try to figure it out. I hope he gets the break he needs and comes back soon.
i dont really know either and im not going to poke my nose into his personal business but he is a good dude for sure.he will be back

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
See what happens to a forum without Vutulaki taking all that heat and making pies....

#freevutu

Alienators awesome and I hope he is back soon....I'll burn one in his memory.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Alco gets my vote!

And Alienator is absolutely one of the biggest assets of this site.

Come back I miss you.

Yours truly
Homiesauce

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Alco gets my vote!

And Alienator is absolutely one of the biggest assets of this site.

Come back I miss you.

Yours truly
Homiesauce
That isn't how this works! He has to lie and promise us shit before you commit to the vote.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
@alienator 's spot isn't up for grabs. If he doesn't return, his slot should be retired along with his mod badge number. ( Splinty @Splinty if they don't have one then you should issue one.)

ps Save #86 for me. :D

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I attempted to slide into his DMs on Twitter. I like that bloke.
If he keeps it up I'll coordinate with @Miesha's Taint and I'll drive down to Carolina to knock on his door while the Taint blows up his phone.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'd like for you to reconsider.
part of annual reviews at my company is deciding who gets how much stock...so I selected X amount of stock for an employee. A week later, I get an email from HR stating "we see you've selected X stock, we would like you to reconsider." I said WTF and took it to my manager and asked him WTF is this? He asks 'have you reconsidered? OK - fuck HR'.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
part of annual reviews at my company is deciding who gets how much stock...so I selected X amount of stock for an employee. A week later, I get an email from HR stating "we see you've selected X stock, we would like you to reconsider." I said WTF and took it to my manager and asked him WTF is this? He asks 'have you reconsidered? OK - fuck HR'.
and was that a "You gave him too much" reconsider, or a "You should give him more" reconsider?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
and was that a "You gave him too much" reconsider, or a "You should give him more" reconsider?
i'd rather not say if I gave him/her more or less than "average" - but there is a strong push in large tech corporations to increase the compensation to WURMs. (Women/Under Represented Minorities)

Fuck HR, and God Bless Meritocracy.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i'd rather not say if I gave him/her more or less than "average" - but there is a strong push in large tech corporations to increase the compensation to WURMs. (Women/Under Represented Minorities)

Fuck HR, and God Bless Meritocracy.
To be honest, the concept of awarding stocks based on performance seems counter productive. If everyone does the same job the expectation of performance and in turn compensation should be the same for everyone. You don't cut the mustard there's the door.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
stock is part of a total incentive package. Some people prefer a higher stock percentage compared to salary.

Let's say there's a 5% reduction in personnel cost mandated by corporate...would you rather be the highest paid person at your grade, with little stock, or the lowest paid person at your grade with a lot of stock?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
2 things in life I'm sure of:
1. That the sun is going to come up everyday, innit
2. You will never, never ever, be given any position or power by the owners of this site.....
The sun never comes up for you, you just turn into her.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
stock is part of a total incentive package. Some people prefer a higher stock percentage compared to salary.

Let's say there's a 5% reduction in personnel cost mandated by corporate...would you rather be the highest paid person at your grade, with little stock, or the lowest paid person at your grade with a lot of stock?
How long's a piece of string? A move like that will almost certainly drive the value of the stock down anyways. So it's impossible to forecast who eventually will be in the better position.

Based on what happened here with Nortel, I'd take the cash, lol.

M

member 1013

How long's a piece of string? A move like that will almost certainly drive the value of the stock down anyways. So it's impossible to forecast who eventually will be in the better position.

Based on what happened here with Nortel, I'd take the cash, lol.
Members of my family lost a lot with the oil Collapse as well

Both have drawbacks

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
look at my situation - I expect to be promoted this year, which means that they'll target a pay raise that puts me in the middle of the new grade. If that happens, there's no way that I'll be rated more than "Good Work" for the next two years. So for those two years, I want the max quantity RSUs (L5) and the 5% pay raise. Then I'll target the 8% "promotion path" raise/evaluation and L4 quantity of RSUs for the following two years. In the 5th and 6th year, I'll target another promotion. If the promotion doesn't happen, I'll take my now-fully-vested RSUs and move to another group or another company.

No strategy is perfect, but almost any strategy beats not having a strategy. :)