Alistair Overeem doubts Brock Lesnar will ever return to UFC: 'The competition is too stiff'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
DALLAS – Former Strikeforce and DREAM heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem (38-14 MMA, 3-3 UFC) has made it clear he’d love to fight Brock Lesnar (5-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) for a second time if the former UFC champ ever returns to the octagon. But “The Reem” doesn’t actually believe that will ever happen.

“To be honest, he is not going to come back,” Overeem told MMAjunkie at today’s UFC 185 media day in Dallas.

Overeem and Lesnar fought in December 2011 in the main event of UFC 141. Overeem scored a first-round TKO in the contest, and Lesnar subsequently announced his retirement from MMA, returning to the professional wrestling world to continue his career.

But in recent months, rumors (and UFC President Dana White) have suggested Lesnar could potentially return to the octagon for another MMA run. Overeem isn’t buying it.

“He remembers in the beginning it was easy, but at the end it was very hard for him,” Overeem said. “He is a guy that kind of goes where it’s easy. He’s not going to come back. It’s too hard. The competition is too stiff.”

Overeem fights Roy Nelson this weekend at UFC 185, which takes place at Dallas’ American Airlines Center and airs on pay-per-view.

To hear more from Overeem on why he’s certain Lesnar will never make it back to the UFC, check out the video above.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/03/alista...er-return-to-ufc-the-competition-is-too-stiff

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think a healthy Brock beats a non juiced Overeem.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
If both guys were tested in the manner outlined by Lorenzo and Dana at their big PED media event, then I'd be interested in seeing a rematch. I disagree with Overeem's statement because I don't think that Lesnar ever had it easy, and the level of competition in the heavyweight division hasn't changed much (if at all) since Brock retired.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think Reems right though. The competition is too stiff, and Brock probably knows it. He knows how old he is. He knows he hasn't been training MMA for 2 years, while everyone else has. He knows he will likely come in and take some beatings. So why do it? In my opinion, he won't.