Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum III planned for UFC 213

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It’s time for the trilogy bout we’ve all been waiting for. No, not Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson 3. Nor, Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao 3. It’s time for Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum 3. Reportedly, at least.

Fox Sports sources confirm a FloCombat report that the UFC is currently working on a heavyweight rubber-match for their July 8th PPV card. While it seems no contracts have been signed, and no official announcements have been made, the two heavyweights appear to be on course to hit the third chapter of their decade long rivalry.

Overeem and Werdum first fought back in Pride FC. The Brazilian submitted the ‘Demolition Man’ with a Kimura in…

Report: Overeem vs. Werdum 3 headed to UFC 213

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
reem has been exposed for what he is

One bad MF...this will be good...Fabricio is a living Ninja Comedian...that flying kick opener was just too amazing to register

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This is a good time for this fight. Until Cain can stay healthy, HW needs this fight to basically determine a contention scheme for Stipe.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
NICE! YOu can tell the Reem was sick for his last fight. Even off the gear he has never looked so bad, except for maybe the bigfoot fight.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
This is a good time for this fight. Until Cain can stay healthy, HW needs this fight to basically determine a contention scheme for Stipe.
They better be watching Ngannou as well. HW Has 3 very exciting up and comers in Ngannou,Blaydes and Lewis that I have really enjoyed watching..with Ngannou recent destruction of Arlovski I could see them putting him vs Barnett or something..

T

The Big Guy

The last fight werdum actually outstruck reem. In the ufc werdums striking has really come together and hes peiced up nelson, travis x2, cain and probably someone ive forgot about. Werdums chin is chinny also

Reem has become a much more patient striker under jackson-wink and he might have some activity issues with a more active werdum. Due to this strategic (chinny) gameplan i wouldnt be suprised to see him do a little ground and pound like he did in the second fight while in guard as i feel hiding his chin is a bigger part of his overall game than before and he may think his chin will be a bigger weakness than his sub def.

i dont expect to see the same butt scooting and flopping from werdum as we did last time. I think he will look to land combinations and outpoint reem plus exploit any chances to land a sub.

Reem i think has his best chance is clinching werdum and landing big strikes against the cage. He knows werdums faster than him and is more active striker. Overpowering andbreaking him down in the clinch for a ko is his best option

My prediction is werdum via dec