All Elite Wrestling is confirmed thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Since there are rumors we might get an announcement this week
Might as well keep it in one thread

To add to the rumors ...

Chris Jericho thanked the Jacksonville Jaguars' Tony Khan for helping to get him and his wife on the field at today’s Minnesota Vikings game:
“Amazing experience to be on the field for the big @vikings game today!! Thanks to @tonyrkhan & the #Vikings organization for the hookup!”
Khan is rumored to be behind All Elite Wrestling.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Since there are rumors we might get an announcement this week
Might as well keep it in one thread

To add to the rumors ...

Chris Jericho thanked the Jacksonville Jaguars' Tony Khan for helping to get him and his wife on the field at today’s Minnesota Vikings game:
“Amazing experience to be on the field for the big @vikings game today!! Thanks to @tonyrkhan & the #Vikings organization for the hookup!”
Khan is rumored to be behind All Elite Wrestling.
Cody deleted the tweet but he has a Jaguar's themed weight belt for Wrestle Kingdom.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I think I mentioned in another thread, but before Meltzer left for Japan he said to expect surprise news after his co-host mentioned The Young Bucks

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
After UFC pissing me off, this is excellent news

Friday gonna be a grand day

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
At midnight Pacific time

Meltzer announced All Elite Wrestling is a reality

Going to listen to the audio now

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Meltzer:

All Elite Wrestling has started signing wrestlers.
They have multiple TV offers already & negotiating which one they will take.
They will announce ALL-IN 2 soon called DOUBLE OR NOTHING
Tony Khan is the guy behind it.
Jericho is not signed, but Dave said he made that post about Khan for a reason.
The company wants to work with NJPW, but it is up in the air due to the ROH relationship with NJPW

Last edited:

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Cody Rhodes has issued a statement following the announcement of All Elite Wrestling.

“I feel so damn lucky. I believe that more than talent...more than chance...work ethic will guide me where i’d like to go,” he wrote on Twitter. “To be Executive Vice President for our new venture, and to be flanked by Matt and Nick and a few familiar names sharing that position; this is my dream job. I can’t think of a time when so many of wrestling’s top free agents all opted out of the road usually traveled and instead wanted to start something new. I am excited to see AEW into existence.

“What’s old isn’t new - what’s new is new. Perception isn’t reality - reality is reality. Fans first” he concluded.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I'm excited about this. Would love to see Hangman get a big push. I honestly think he could be the star of this promotion.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I don't know how accurate that is ($100m), but they have no TV deal ready to go
They are still talking & have several offers, so they will play it smart & let the hype create a bidding war
Any thoughts on who would be the best partner? ROH is on cable. But it's at weird times.

Would love to see it on TBS. Just feels right.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Any thoughts on who would be the best partner? ROH is on cable. But it's at weird times.

Would love to see it on TBS. Just feels right.
WGN is a definite (as far as interest), but I have a "feeling" that since they will most likely have a pretty young viewership that they might have a presence with a streaming company too

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
WGN is a definite (as far as interest), but I have a "feeling" that since they will most likely have a pretty young viewership that they might have a presence with a streaming company too
Hopefully wgn gives them the proper time slot. I forgot about them airing All In's pre show. Someone mentioned HULU as a possible streaming partner. Not sure if that's doable or feasible.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Hopefully wgn gives them the proper time slot. I forgot about them airing All In's pre show. Someone mentioned HULU as a possible streaming partner. Not sure if that's doable or feasible.
WGN is interested, but who knows where they wind up

A lot of people/reporters are throwing guesses out.

I will leave this hear with a WINK

Tony Khan (the backer) is a longtime Meltzer subscriber
Jericho has been good friends with Dave for a decade
Cody & the Jacksons are huge Dave marks
So are Omega & Ross, but they are on the possible peripheral

Because Dave's newsletter is based heavily on business/numbers (obvious my interest) a lot of TV execs subscribe and talk to Dave.
When Destination America decided to cancel TNA, Dave told Dixie before they did lol

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
WGN is interested, but who knows where they wind up

A lot of people/reporters are throwing guesses out.

I will leave this hear with a WINK

Tony Khan (the backer) is a longtime Meltzer subscriber
Jericho has been good friends with Dave for a decade
Cody & the Jacksons are huge Dave marks
So are Omega & Ross, but they are on the possible peripheral

Because Dave's newsletter is based heavily on business/numbers (obvious my interest) a lot of TV execs subscribe and talk to Dave.
When Destination America decided to cancel TNA, Dave told Dixie before they did lol
Thanks man. You supply us with tons of great info. Much appreciation to ya

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Thanks man. You supply us with tons of great info. Much appreciation to ya
Thank you buddy
From being someone that likes & appreciates real info, I got to know a few people.
Sometimes I get stuff a bit early & if I can share I will
Also sometimes I hint when I can't share lol

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
AEW has signed Britt Baker. She is a great signing BAYBAY! Not only a good up and coming wrestler. But the girlfriend of the one and only ghost. Adam Cole BayBay .

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
AEW has signed Britt Baker. She is a great signing BAYBAY! Not only a good up and coming wrestler. But the girlfriend of the one and only ghost. Adam Cole BayBay .
Yeah, Dave reported that from Japan (he is there for Rizin & NJPW)
Also Brandi will be basically the main female as far as management goes.

i think that is good since she has pull & females would like another female that doesn't have a power trip (see steph) to go to

Last edited:

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, Dave reported that from Japan (he was there for Rizin & NJPW)
Also Brandi will be basically the main female as far as management goes.

i think that is good since she has pull & females would like another female that doesn't have a power trip (see steph) to go to
I totally agree. I really hope they sign Penelope Cruz. She was phenomenal at All In. I know she was at the PC last month, haven't heard if she was signed or anything.