All Elite Wrestling is confirmed thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Aew needs a deeper roster. Feel like it's the same shit each week to a lesser pop.

Nxt is on fire and they still got gargano to return and save the day

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
All Elite Wrestling is here to stay...at least until 2023.

Not only was Dynamite extended another 3 years but AEW is adding a second televised show. No details other than it will be an hour long.

AEW! AEW! AEW!

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Not only was Dynamite extended another 3 years but AEW is adding a second televised show. No details other than it will be an hour long.

AEW! AEW! AEW!
I haven't watched as much Dynamtie as I'd like to have, but what I have watched hasn't been great. Not hating, just being honest. The story telling is lazy and the in ring action in general isn't terribly high. That being said Moxley's fake join of the Inner circle was wonderful.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I haven't watched as much Dynamtie as I'd like to have, but what I have watched hasn't been great. Not hating, just being honest. The story telling is lazy and the in ring action in general isn't terribly high. That being said Moxley's fake join of the Inner circle was wonderful.
I'll admit they rely a lot of people watching Being The Elite for story progression but I've found the action to be better and more consistent than the big brand.
I found the Moxley fake out to go on bit long.

Difference in personal taste I suppose.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'll admit they rely a lot of people watching Being The Elite for story progression but I've found the action to be better and more consistent than the big brand.
I found the Moxley fake out to go on bit long.

Difference in personal taste I suppose.
I enjoyed it because of how long it went on for before he pulled the plug on it

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

AEW! AEW! AEW!
Listened to 83Weeks with Easy E and he was adamant that when the big wigs at Turner Broadcasting felt it was time to add another televised broadcast “Thunder” it actually took away from their creativity and focus on Nitro and that helped lead to the fall of WCW...

His advice to AEW was to focus on their one show and don’t even bother trying to add another televised broadcast.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Listened to 83Weeks with Easy E and he was adamant that when the big wigs at Turner Broadcasting felt it was time to add another televised broadcast “Thunder” it actually took away from their creativity and focus on Nitro and that helped lead to the fall of WCW...

His advice to AEW was to focus on their one show and don’t even bother trying to add another televised broadcast.
I agree it may be premature to add more content but I have faith they can pull it off.

Plus I'm waiting to see more details about what this extra program involves.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Not sure how AEW will handle the crowd-less events but I'd love it if they went the "taped before a live studio audience" route and pretaped their shows so they could add in crowd reactions like sitcoms used to do back in the day.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
So the Exalted One was revealed to be
Brodie Lee formerly Luke Harper
which I like.

Also,
Matt Hardy
debuted which I'm not so excited about. I've never been a huge fan and his AST performances he's really shown his mileage.

Overall enjoyed the show, AEW is all about the fans and I was concerned about a crowdless event but them to have a handle on how to proceed.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Per Showbuzz Daily, AEW netted 932,000 viewers for a .35 rating point in the 18-49 demographic. NXT checked in with 542,000 viewers for a .16 rating point in the same 18-49 demo.

For AEW, this is an increase of about 166,000 viewers from the prior week, with a big increase from last week’s 0.26 demo rating. For NXT, viewership decreased by about 155,000 viewers from the prior week, and the demo rating was significantly down from last week’s 0.21.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Jericho cracks me up. He's struggling a bit this week on commentary, by struggling I mean stuttering a little bit, but his comments are great. Best part of the show. He's able to semi drop his character and just call each match, build up the guys in the ring. He's a true legend to the industry

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
More Jericho gold

Amazing!
Lol

Fucken stupid. I love it. Can you imagine being the elite trying to start a company and then Chris Jericho decides he wants in? Cody has skills on the mic I never knew about but Jericho brings so much to the table. They need to do an angle where he wins the majority share of the company. I know it's just recreating the attitude era but it would be great. In fact I bet they will. Cody will offer his stake in the company versus the chance to challenge for the title and lose. Jericho runs amok, Cody turns into stone cold

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I wonder what made them decide a tranny should be champ? They don't play on it or anything but it's kinda weird watching some big fat dude chucking women about

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I would have loved to hear the pop when Roberts brought the snake out last night.

Next week's episode should be just as solid. Some good matches lined up.

Smart of AEW to have a live show then a few taped Dynamites before Double or Nothing.