All Elite Wrestling is confirmed thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
can some bump this any time there is a ppv

i dont care for the weekly shows, but would watch the major ppvs.

i just dont know when, or the names

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
So I love wrestling culture, history and the Royal Rumble, but I can't be bothered watching Raw or Smackdown. For exactly the same reasons as everybody else.

* Too fucking long
* Don't treat me like I'm an actual legitimate simpleton, just because I'm a wrestling fan
* HATE the camerawork, with 16 quick cuts for every single move, so you can never enjoy anybody's techniques or spot the botches or get a sense of the impact
* Let the wrestlers get out there with a mic in their hand and just talk and read/react to the crowd in real time, for fucks sakes. That's a BIG part of the job, reading the crowd and working the mic! Let them talk, instead of woodenly reciting cringeworthy memorised speeches that some overworked writer knocked out in 5 minutes backstage, 45 seconds before the wrestler walked out to the ring.

All that being said - is it worth investing in AEW?

??

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So I love wrestling culture, history and the Royal Rumble, but I can't be bothered watching Raw or Smackdown. For exactly the same reasons as everybody else.

* Too fucking long
* Don't treat me like I'm an actual legitimate simpleton, just because I'm a wrestling fan
* HATE the camerawork, with 16 quick cuts for every single move, so you can never enjoy anybody's techniques or spot the botches or get a sense of the impact
* Let the wrestlers get out there with a mic in their hand and just talk and read/react to the crowd in real time, for fucks sakes. That's a BIG part of the job, reading the crowd and working the mic! Let them talk, instead of woodenly reciting cringeworthy memorised speeches that some overworked writer knocked out in 5 minutes backstage, 45 seconds before the wrestler walked out to the ring.

??
Yea

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

* Too fucking long

??
I haven’t watched WWE in a long time so I can’t speak to the production and camerawork comparisons but if you like pro wrestling give AEW a shot. Some of it may be hard to follow at first because they spread stories out among televised and their youtube shows, Being the Elite included, but really you could read breakdowns of the YouTube stuff and stick to the televised shows and be fine imo.

Basically the crowds are awesome, the matches are great and it’s a hell of a lot of fun to watch. It just feels like it’s made for pro wrestling fans by pro wrestling fans.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015

* Too fucking long

??
I haven't watched wwe in 3 yrs. But I watch every episode of AEW i can. Go back and watch highlights of their ppvs. Get a feel of their product and wrestlers.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Full Gear card (UPDATED)

• Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hangman Page for the AEW World championship
  • Dr. Britt Baker DMD (c) vs. Tay Conti for the AEW Women’s World title
  • FTR vs. Lucha Bros (c) for the AEW Tag Team championship
  • Miro vs. Bryan Danielson in the AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament final
  • CM Punk vs. Eddie Kingston
  • Darby Allin vs. MJF
  • Inner Circle vs. Men of the Year & American Top Team in a 10 man Minneapolis Street Fight
  • SuperKliq vs. Christian Cage & Jurassic Express in a Falls Count Anywhere match
  • Cody Rhodes & PAC vs. Andrade El Ídolo & Malakai Black
  • Hikaru Shida & Thunder Rosa vs. Nyla Rose & Jaime Hayter (The Buy In)

Last edited:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Still bugs me that none of the commentators have blurted out that nyla rose is a big fat tranny.

In fact they are going out the way to all her and that jap lady the winningest women in aew.

Hold on. One of them used to have a cock. I reckon if I chopped ric flairs dick off he'd have done alright in the aew women's division too.

And there's me forgetting it's all pretend anyway. Derp.