Society All things weed related.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mr Smokalotapotamus

You gonna pass that bro??
Jun 23, 2018
have you done this?
Just put your weed or rosin in the oil/butter and cook it at 250 till the bubbles stop. The small bubbles are the decarb happening. Higher temps will work quicker and lower longer, just watch the bubbles. With butter you can clarify it also. The older the material the less time it will take also as the decarboxylation process happens naturally over time.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Just put your weed or rosin in the oil/butter and cook it at 250 till the bubbles stop. The small bubbles are the decarb happening. Higher temps will work quicker and lower longer, just watch the bubbles. With butter you can clarify it also. The older the material the less time it will take also as the decarboxylation process happens naturally over time.
Thanks.

Does it keep in the fridge okay? As in if I cook up a big batch can I use it as and when I need it like regular butter?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i know my one buddy buys ghee from the indian supermarket and uses that because it is already clarified

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I like lower temp personally...the higher temp converts a lot of stuff to CBN(sedative)
not hard at all to make butter or oil as you say
I try and keep it as low as I can but still have it bubbling

coconut oil is nice to use

Mr Smokalotapotamus

Jun 23, 2018
I like lower temp personally...the higher temp converts a lot of stuff to CBN(sedative)
not hard at all to make butter or oil as you say
I try and keep it as low as I can but still have it bubbling

coconut oil is nice to use
You could be right. i use a candy thermometer and an adj crockpot. The less heat the better i have to agree! Only downside would be the longer cooking time. Took me 3 hours to cook mine last time at 250. I did add a fuck ton of kief so that could be why, lol

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
The weather has turned here and I am wondering if I should harvest the plants or leave them go?

They have decent size buds, about 25% of the stigmas have gone amber, the trichomes are now white yet the buds look like they could continue to grow for another week or so.

The fan leaves are turning yellow, they started as soon as it started budding, I should have added some nutrients but I just let it ride it out the last month.

Question is, when to harvest with this rain sticking around another week for sure. I have been pulling over a pop up shelter over them in the evening until morning.. not sure if this is necessary or not.

Mr Smokalotapotamus

Jun 23, 2018
Week 5 would be very early. Everyone is having issues this year. Lots of mold n pm. Personally i'd wait till the trichs are partly to mostly cloudy this year.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I just got one plant on the go this year.im going to let it ride until it starts to get frosty in the morning.its probably about 3 ft tall or so.i wasnt planning on doing any this year but someone gave me a seedling on canada day.

It has been raining for like 2 weeks here but i am hoping for a bit more sun in the next couple weeks.i am aiming for mid october for crop time

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Cut 2 of the 4 down... found mold in 2 of the colas.

The two sativas I planted in containers, BC website shit but I cant for the life of me remember the strain, decent crop form the two.

Still have a couple indicas in the garden that got planted a couple weeks late that hopefully can more weeks as they are still looking healthy as fuck.