alleged weasel-business: #JoeSilvaStories

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Joe Silva is rumoured to have been quite the bastard. here are a few stories. please add any info you have to this thread.

I'm all about fighter union. and believe fighters are under paid. so this is anecdotal but for what its worth, im friends with Dan and Jim miller and I vaguely recall asking them about Joe silva when he retired and i forget who I asked, or maybe, both.

actually I think it was Jim because at the time Joe was doing jims weight classes when they had split into a lighter weight and a heavier weight matchmaker.

whoever it was, he said joe was cool

granted, they both tend to say that about everyone lol

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I'm all about fighter union. and believe fighters are under paid. so this is anecdotal but for what its worth, im friends with Dan and Jim miller and I vaguely recall asking them about Joe silva when he retired and i forget who I asked, or maybe, both.

actually I think it was Jim because at the time Joe was doing jims weight classes when they had split into a lighter weight and a heavier weight matchmaker.

They aren’t shit stirrers imo so I can see no bad words coming from their mouths
I have never heard them publicly shit talk

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
all I get from those stories is that he would suck at running a charity...but he seemed pretty good at his job, even if it meant being the asshole.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
There are a ton of stories about how shrewd Silva was but unfortunately... That was his job. If the guys that sign your paycheck say to do whatever it takes to keep salaries in check because your job depends on it then you're not going to want to pay people a shit load of money out of the kindness of your heart.

Now also factor in the guys that are now using that # and you'll find Pierce (Mr. Split Decision), Fitch (the most aggressive cuddler to ever make the walk), and Maynard (who was only ever exciting against Edgar or when he was getting murdered by people.) So if your job is to be a matchmaker and make exciting fights and to keep costs down then people who aren't super exciting, don't have a large fan-base, and still have a winning record that leads to larger paydays are pretty much the exact opposite of people that you really want to be in business with.

I have no doubts that he was a complete ass to fighters at times but I can also cut him a little slack because he's doing what the owners of the company told him that he needed to do.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I heard only a mild reference from Schaub on Rogans podcast when he said “joe you know joe Silva is fucking prick to fighters”

yeah, I know, you’re welcome

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

I ran into them at a Dave and Buster’s in Tom’s River. They didn’t have very nice things to say about you. Dan called you a “mentally challenged pervert who shouldn’t be allowed near animals.”.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I used to deal with him and talk to him a lot, but I’m talking about 15+ years ago. Last time we talked was 2011.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I can 100% verify that he acted like it was his own money he was negotiating with. Actually, there was no negotiation. His offer, take it or leave it. He was always nice about it, but he wouldn’t even raise his fight offers $50.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Sorry I pulled a Wild by accident on your thread lol. But I am not a mod so can't fix it

???

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
WOW! What a revelation!

YOU are telling me JOE was a POS just like Dana and the 'Brothers SWOLE" and pretty much all the big guns at the UFC!

I am shocked! This is scandalous...

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
There are a ton of stories about how shrewd Silva was but unfortunately... That was his job. If the guys that sign your paycheck say to do whatever it takes to keep salaries in check because your job depends on it then you're not going to want to pay people a shit load of money out of the kindness of your heart.

Now also factor in the guys that are now using that # and you'll find Pierce (Mr. Split Decision), Fitch (the most aggressive cuddler to ever make the walk), and Maynard (who was only ever exciting against Edgar or when he was getting murdered by people.) So if your job is to be a matchmaker and make exciting fights and to keep costs down then people who aren't super exciting, don't have a large fan-base, and still have a winning record that leads to larger paydays are pretty much the exact opposite of people that you really want to be in business with.

I have no doubts that he was a complete ass to fighters at times but I can also cut him a little slack because he's doing what the owners of the company told him that he needed to do.
Two things can be true at once. You might need to be a cunt to perform a certain cuntish role, but you were hired and allowed to maintain that role because you are a cunt. And it seems that it wasn't 'just his job', it seems like he was a special kind of cunt even in social situations. You don't hear the same level of hate for Shelby (who is still a cunt).

Silva was good for MMA fans because his tyrannical approach forced the best to fight the best. But it sounds like the guy is an absolute shitstain on humanity, just like his mafioso bosses.

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016

Can agree with most of what you said buddy. My issue is with the whole "Im just doing my job" shit, this has been an excuse for generations. If he was just making 50 k a year and he was st4uggling too it wouldnt be so bad. But when someone makes millions off keepin the wages of people who fight with their bodies/health as low as possible then its a very different story

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Can agree with most of what you said buddy. My issue is with the whole "Im just doing my job" shit, this has been an excuse for generations. If he was just making 50 k a year and he was st4uggling too it wouldnt be so bad. But when someone makes millions off keepin the wages of people who fight with their bodies/health as low as possible then its a very different story
Yep. He's not innocent at all. But if it wasn't him they would have found someone else to do their dirty work.