Lifestyle Alone in the Wilderness

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm not sure how many times I've seen this show.
If I happen to land on it surfing, it stays put, minutes pass before I realize I've just been mesmerized again by it's serene simplicity.
Truly a treasure.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve posted at least one thread on this and so have a few others.incredible movie about a great man.

Here’s a Canadian who did a very similar thing and took video of everything.

General - Dick Proeneke Would’ve Been Proud | TMMAC - The MMA Community Forum

And here’s a VICE documentary about another guy in Alaska who lives the same sort of life, knows dick and they head over there in the doc.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0rZn8HFmQ

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Why would you want to do this?

Build your own cabin yes.

Hunt gather grow your own food yes.

However why in a desolate no other humans around very cold spot in Alaska?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Sometimes being around people can make you a little crazy, and you just need to go away from everybody and find yourself.

Then, after a long, long, loooooong time, if you ever decide to come back, it is with a clearer picture of things and more grounded point of view.

Ask someone who has done it for worthy answers; report back with your findings.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Sometimes being around people can make you a little crazy, and you just need to go away from everybody and find yourself.

Then, after a long, long, loooooong time, if you ever decide to come back, it is with a clearer picture of things and more grounded point of view.
He lived like a pioneer. That sounds cool but reality is very uncomfortable. Very hot, very cold, no running water, bugs everywhere, washing your clothes on a stone in the river, bears, no electricity, sometimes no food and most importantly no one to talk to. Why would you want to go backward? His whole day was probably gathering wood for a fire and trying to find food before it got dark while being bitten by bugs morning noon and night.

He lived like a pioneer. That sounds cool but reality is very uncomfortable. Very hot, very cold, no running water, bugs everywhere, washing your clothes on a stone in the river, bears, no electricity, sometimes no food and most importantly no one to talk to. Why would you want to go backward? His whole day was probably gathering wood for a fire and trying to find food before it got dark while being bitten by bugs morning noon and night.
Watch the fully movie and be amazed at how this guy had everything cased. He ran shit out there until he was in his 80's. He was Mr. Fuckin Efficiency and just the mention of his name reduces all of of us to mere toddlers by comparison.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Watch the fully movie and be amazed at how this guy had everything cased. He ran shit out there until he was in his 80's. He was Mr. Fuckin Efficiency and just the mention of his name reduces all of of us to mere toddlers by comparison.
Where can I watch It?

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Not youtube.
I found alot of click bait but no movie.

Would you want to live like this? For Real?

I would be unhappy living here for a week and I love the outdoors and want to semi off grid myself eventually, but this is too much for me. We have so many moves forward that living self sufficienly doesn't have to be this hard.

@2:07 look at all the bugs

Would you want to live like this? For Real?
I am impressed by his skillset, optimism, and overall character. If I could be even a small fraction of what he was then I'd be a better man for it.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I am impressed by his skillset, optimism, and overall character. If I could be even a small fraction of what he was then I'd be a better man for it.
You saw a 1 hour movie that heavily romances his experience. This man must have been tough as nails to live like that for nearly 30 years. However it was alot more ghastly and alot less romantic than what appears. You have to be pretty strange to be able to live like that. No offense to this man but think Ted K. Level and I like Ted's strangeness (aside from the part where he letter bombed and murdered people) but a normal person would not be perfectly happy or bettered for living in that situation. Probably the very opposite.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You saw a 1 hour movie that heavily romances his experience. This man must have been tough as nails to live like that for nearly 30 years. However it was alot more ghastly and alot less romantic than what appears. You have to be pretty strange to be able to live like that. No offense to this man but think Ted K. Level and I like Ted's strangeness (aside from the part where he letter bombed and murdered people) but a normal person would not be perfectly happy or bettered for living in that situation. Probably the very opposite.
I did vipassana for 3 months.

You have confused my thoughts on what I watched with what you imagine my thoughts were. Next you're going to explain why grass is green.