Alone (TV show)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Cool show. 10 people are dropped off in different locations in coastal Vancouver with no crew and no access to each other. They film everything themselves.

The last person standing wins $500k. No time limit.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Cool show. 10 people are dropped off in different locations in coastal Vancouver with no crew and no access to each other. They film everything themselves.

The last person standing wins $500k. No time limit.
That sounds awesome.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Shit. I can only get Season 2 on DirecTV. The hell?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
season 1 is the best.season 2 had too many bitch asses and people who had no business being on the show like the fat dykey chick .season one that red headed kid and the old dude who won both could have lived there for ever

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
season 1 is the best.season 2 had too many bitch asses and people who had no business being on the show like the fat dykey chick .season one that red headed kid and the old dude who won both could have lived there for ever
With out giving too much away, I like both seasons for different reasons. Season 1 was special because no one had a frame of reference. Reminded me of how Richard Hatch so outclassed everyone in the 1st season of survivor because they had no idea what the game was.

Season 2 was interesting watching the psychological degradation.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i have camped up and down the west coast of vancouver island several times over the years .never as far north as they are on the show though.it is super humid and cool all the time and the forest is immense.once you are in the trees you are under the canopy and in the shade.it rains all the time.the trees are 100ft tall.everything is covered with moss.its awesome.even when you get out of the forest and on to the beach it is cool. people are mid summer at the beach with hoodies on.it would be hard as fuck to do what these guys are doing in that kind of environment.i stayed 3 weeks in a tent near port renfrew .it was foggy for 2 weeks straight.didnt see the sun the whole time.the fog would lift for a while but come right back in again. it would have been hard as hell to light a fire with a flint and steel using tinder from the forest .it was hard enough with a lighter and a beer case

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
With out giving too much away, I like both seasons for different reasons. Season 1 was special because no one had a frame of reference. Reminded me of how Richard Hatch so outclassed everyone in the 1st season of survivor because they had no idea what the game was.

Season 2 was interesting watching the psychological degradation.
season 1 would have been hard.those guys had no idea what they were getting themselves in to

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
and yeah there is black bears everywhere on the island.you see them eating grass in the ditch on the side of the highway like it is no big deal.you sure as hell wouldnt want one sniffing at your feet while you are sleeping in your leento

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Is there a new season starting? The spanish dude spent a month making a bush canoe then lost his shit when he didnt have anything to occupy his mind anymore.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i have camped up and down the west coast of vancouver island several times over the years .never as far north as they are on the show though.it is super humid and cool all the time and the forest is immense.once you are in the trees you are under the canopy and in the shade.it rains all the time.the trees are 100ft tall.everything is covered with moss.its awesome.even when you get out of the forest and on to the beach it is cool. people are mid summer at the beach with hoodies on.it would be hard as fuck to do what these guys are doing in that kind of environment.i stayed 3 weeks in a tent near port renfrew .it was foggy for 2 weeks straight.didnt see the sun the whole time.the fog would lift for a while but come right back in again. it would have been hard as hell to light a fire with a flint and steel using tinder from the forest .it was hard enough with a lighter and a beer case
That humidity reminded me of camping here in Florida. It's so bad that when gathering fire wood, you have to look for dead fall that got caught up in a tree or something. Anything that hits the ground becomes a rotten, soggy sponge filled with bugs and mushrooms.

The 1st couple of weeks weeds out those who can't cut it. After that, they are battling themselves, not nature.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Is there a new season starting? The spanish dude spent a month making a bush canoe then lost his shit when he didnt have anything to occupy his mind anymore.
That cracked me up lol.

And that one dude I call "Angry Man" he was so mad. His poor wife and kids

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
and yeah there is black bears everywhere on the island.you see them eating grass in the ditch on the side of the highway like it is no big deal.you sure as hell wouldnt want one sniffing at your feet while you are sleeping in your leento
We have a very large black bear population here too. Some times it freaks me out if I think about it too much if I'm deep in.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
That cracked me up lol.

And that one dude I call "Angry Man" he was so mad. His poor wife and kids
Yea i cant believe how long he lasted. He lost his shit early but hung on. After his shelter flooded i was for sure he was lighting the forest on fire.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
We have a very large black bear population here too. Some times it freaks me out if I think about it too much if I'm deep in.
im not really worried about black bears here you can usually just yell at them and they bugger off.its the grizzlys that freak me out . i wont be tenting in griz country

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yea i cant believe how long he lasted. He lost his shit early but hung on. After his shelter flooded i was for sure he was lighting the forest on fire.
that dude had some serious anger issues . when he fell down the hill i almost lost my shit .the guy went from normal to rage in seconds

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
im not really worried about black bears here you can usually just yell at them and they bugger off.its the grizzlys that freak me out . i wont be tenting in griz country
Glad I don't have to put up with that.

It's just about time for my 1st trip of the season. I love this time of year!