Alone (TV show)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I used to pitch in high school. Had a 85 mph fastball. I'd just take rocks and chuck them at animals. Easy peasy.

You ever take a 85 mph rock to the temple? Forget about it. LMAO at traps.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
sure, hauler, I'd give 10 to 1 odds that you can't hit a ribbit sized mark with a rock, 6 out of 10 tries, at 30 feet. and that aint gonna get you 10 lbs of meet per YEAR.

As to the guy who likes me, what's to like? Do you think my ideas are good? what makes you think so, when everyone else is so sure that I"m fos?

righto

Nov 24, 2018
I'd do everything I COULD to bet a black bear into my camp. I' d arrow him and that 100 lbs of meat and fat would win the clear 1/4 million for me. Dogs can outrun bears and I once had to kick a dog under the chin, 3 diifferent charges, as he trie to rip off my family jewels. I"d shot him with a .45, so he had reason to try to hurt me. I'd not intended to do so, and it was a friend's dog, or I'd have just shot him again instead of trying to handle it without the gun. So I aint worried about having to drop the slingbow and draw the e tool from my belt and split a bear's skull, if need be. The odds are 100 to 1 that I'd either be able to arrow him from the safety of a baited tree blind, or that he'd run off. That's an acceptable risk for a clear 1/4 mill. i"ve done much riskier things for nothing.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
These guys dont know what to take OR do, so all they CAN do is starve. Every winner has been the fattest guy of that season. Take a Cold steel E tool, with one edge modified to have 8" of saw teeth. Take a modified Leagtherman Crunch multitool. a 2 person cotton rope hammock, a 5 qt skillet with lid, from amazon, the 3 lb block of salt (if not on a sea shore). If you're on the sea, then take the 12x12 tarp, so you can cut it into strips and make netting out of it (and out of half of the 20x20 tarp. Unravel the hammock to it's smallest strands and do the same. Take the fishing kit, the snare wire, one of Chief Aj's slingbows, the warmest synthetic sleeping bag you can find, and the big roll of duct tape.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
before you leave, use a coating of iodine to heavily rust the outside of your shovel. That coating of rust is a wonderful accellerant for rire, enabling you to fire-roll a chunk of your T-shirt, for your first fire. Build a primitive shelter over the fire, keep it dampened and bed your coals in ashes and diirt, with a bit of charcoal, and it will remain active for 10 hours or more. So you'll only have to start at most half a dozen fires "from scratch". Once you have one fire, you can have charred punk wood or charred pithy reed, and ashes, which make it easy to start other fires with flint and steel, or by solar reflection, using the highly polished bottom of your skillet. you can also use the batteries of the camera light, the cameras, the satellite phone, the GPS, or the headlamp that they give you, by using the tape to mount a couple of the tines from the fishing arrows to the poles of a batteru and then touching the other ends. The contact area will get red hot almost instantly, If you've got ashed or charred tinder, it will ignite from such a source, almost instantly. if you've got dry feathersticks to touch the lit tinder to, you'll have real flames. Use a small roll of the tape as a fire extender, if your wood is not dry. The tape and your gaiters can be combined to make a dry bag, keeping your tinder materials away from the damp atmosphere.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
i've done 5 months in solitary confinement several times. It was better than being in the day room with the monkeys. Being alone in the woods, with lots of gear, clearing $3000 per day, is a cakewalk by comparison.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
That cracked me up lol.

And that one dude I call "Angry Man" he was so mad. His poor wife and kids

no, he was starving all along, they all just starve. Jose faked his canoe accident. He runs a "survival school" and it was embarrassing as hell for him to be unable to feed himself. So he wussed out, trying to save face by faking the canoe issue. Dumbass, he could have made a pontoon outrigger raft in ONE day, with no risk at all of capsizing or shipping water. It wont matter if the local wood floats well. You use the backpack, and one set of clothes, waterproof spray the insides of them before you go. The camera case, too. Stuff them with dry debris, seal everything with duct tape. The airhorn, the life preserver, the bear spray, all will float. So all you need is 8 poles 8 ft long, 4" OD, and 2 more that are 6' OD and 11 ft long. The latter 2 are notched where they cross at the center of your raft, and are the diagonal braces for your outriggers.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
no, he was starving all along, they all just starve. Jose faked his canoe accident. He runs a "survival school" and it was embarrassing as hell for him to be unable to feed himself. So he wussed out, trying to save face by faking the canoe issue. Dumbass, he could have made a pontoon outrigger raft in ONE day, with no risk at all of capsizing or shipping water. It wont matter if the local wood floats well. You use the backpack, and one set of clothes, waterproof spray the insides of them before you go. The camera case, too. Stuff them with dry debris, seal everything with duct tape. The airhorn, the life preserver, the bear spray, all will float. So all you need is 8 poles 8 ft long, 4" OD, and 2 more that are 6' OD and 11 ft long. The latter 2 are notched where they cross at the center of your raft, and are the diagonal braces for your outriggers.
You really know your shit, what if you’re in a hostile environment. Like the Hindu Kush?

righto

Nov 24, 2018
for what? I'd not be there without a silenced AR15 and a pistol, soft armor, night vision, AP ammo in the pistol, and softpoints in the rifle, with a .22lr conversion unit for the AR, with 60 gr Aquila subsonic 22 ammo.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
These guys are cubscouts. All they've done is dick around making primitive shelters, chipping flint, deadfall traps, friction fire, none of which applies to this show. they didn't even know to juice the kelp on Vancouver island, use the rainsuit as a container and a pontoon for a raft, or take a slingbow, so that they could make baked clay balls as ammo, for shots not worthy of an arrow, like mice, snakes, small birds. Larry could easily have dealt with the mice problem by making a wicker basket, lining it with tarp/tape, filling it half full of water, splitting a 1.5" OD stick, about 3 ft long, chopping some "steps" on it to make it easy for the mice to climb. Across the top center of the "bucket", put a 3/4" OD roller stick. Centered on the stick, a 3" disk. Bait the disk with a mix of salt, shrededd, boiled, fryed (in fish oil) cambium, and fish guts. put a bit of the bait on each of the ramps. catch 2-3 mice per night. I bet most of them can't tie a fisherman's not for making netting and none of them would have the patience needed to make 200 sq ft of netting per day, for the 10 days it would take to make all that you can, out of the hammock and half of the 20x20 tarp. They dont have a clue how many calories a given food has, or even how many calories they'd burn in a day. So they keep doing dumb stuff, like making stair steps and hand rails to climb steep hills by their shore, instead of using the pontoon raft to move their stuff half a mile further along the lake, where the hills are not so steep. Duh. or like Dave M, who scrambled over slimy boulders twice a day, because the next cove had far more food, but he couldn't move his 70 lbs of camera and other gear over there, too dumb to make the pontoon outrigger raft for the trip. Such a raft would have been MUCH better to fish off of than the dock that Fowler made.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
sure, hauler, I'd give 10 to 1 odds that you can't hit a ribbit sized mark with a rock, 6 out of 10 tries, at 30 feet. and that aint gonna get you 10 lbs of meet per YEAR.
I'm banned from all the travelling carnies because of my deadly accuracy. If you read your company newsletter you'd probably recognize my name.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
These guys are cubscouts. All they've done is dick around making primitive shelters, chipping flint, deadfall traps, friction fire, none of which applies to this show. they didn't even know to juice the kelp on Vancouver island, use the rainsuit as a container and a pontoon for a raft, or take a slingbow, so that they could make baked clay balls as ammo, for shots not worthy of an arrow, like mice, snakes, small birds. Larry could easily have dealt with the mice problem by making a wicker basket, lining it with tarp/tape, filling it half full of water, splitting a 1.5" OD stick, about 3 ft long, chopping some "steps" on it to make it easy for the mice to climb. Across the top center of the "bucket", put a 3/4" OD roller stick. Centered on the stick, a 3" disk. Bait the disk with a mix of salt, shrededd, boiled, fryed (in fish oil) cambium, and fish guts. put a bit of the bait on each of the ramps. catch 2-3 mice per night. I bet most of them can't tie a fisherman's not for making netting and none of them would have the patience needed to make 200 sq ft of netting per day, for the 10 days it would take to make all that you can, out of the hammock and half of the 20x20 tarp. They dont have a clue how many calories a given food has, or even how many calories they'd burn in a day. So they keep doing dumb stuff, like making stair steps and hand rails to climb steep hills by their shore, instead of using the pontoon raft to move their stuff half a mile further along the lake, where the hills are not so steep. Duh. or like Dave M, who scrambled over slimy boulders twice a day, because the next cove had far more food, but he couldn't move his 70 lbs of camera and other gear over there, too dumb to make the pontoon outrigger raft for the trip. Such a raft would have been MUCH better to fish off of than the dock that Fowler made.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
for season 5, the permitted number of arrows was increased from 6 to 9, so you can have 6 of them featuring the 4-tined fishing arrows. Keep one of them as such, pull the 20 tines off of the the others, rendering them into blunts that work fine on birds and small mammals. Keep one for bowfishing. Have 3 broadheads for following the drag logs(treblehooks, BIG ones, set at 5 ft of height, baited with a salted fishhead, to encourage wolves to gulp the fishhead. Braid 4 strands of the snarewire, so it can neck snare a deer. Around the big treblehooks and the neck snares, put lots of wire foot snares, up on 2" forked stakes. You want as many entanglements as possible, all hooked to the drag log. The treblehook set ups should be near your net-weirs, which use the shoreline as one 'wing" of the weir. Then, the critters that come to steal your fish-catch end up caught themselves. Your "food tree", with the tarp/tape bags of salted/smoked fish and meat, should also be festooned with traps of various sorts, for the same reason.
Do you eat Cheetos whilst you constantly watch survival shows on tv?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i've done 5 months in solitary confinement several times. It was better than being in the day room with the monkeys. Being alone in the woods, with lots of gear, clearing $3000 per day, is a cakewalk by comparison.
Why were you in solitary.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
I like the cut of your jib
I'll take that as a compliment, altho I doubt that it's meant as such.

One of the solitary stints was coincidence, one was for teaching blacks karate, another was for scaring some punks that were effing with me. I gave them a little demo and they "felt threatened".

righto

Nov 24, 2018
What I did was standing, not running, jump up and front snap- kicked the 7.5 ft high ceiling. If that kick hits you under the chin, you're a dead man the instant it hits you, and they could all see that much at least.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
Do you eat Cheetos whilst you constantly watch survival shows on tv?
I've never owned a Tv. I can only tolerate viewing the "highlights" of such shows on alone. I once lived in an old minivan for 3 years, on 5k a year. I sold my plasma for 3k a year and did oddjobs for the rest. I was in college full time and saving my college loan money to bring a Filipina dentist here as my bride. She was half my age, but it worked like a charm. She gave me 35k a year, cash, for 3 years, while she worked as a dential hygienst and completed US dental college. I used that money to buy several big old houses and ever since I've rented out those 25 small rooms, for $100 a week each to soldiers, disabled vets and college kids. Do the math.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
I've never owned a Tv. I can only tolerate viewing the "highlights" of such shows as alone. Their weakness, ineptitude and laziness annoys me no end! I once lived in an old minivan for 3 years, on 5k a year. I sold my plasma for 3k a year and did oddjobs for the rest. I was in college full time and saving my college loan money to bring a Filipina dentist here as my bride. She was half my age, but it worked like a charm. She gave me 35k a year, cash, for 3 years, while she worked as a dential hygienist and completed US dental college. What passes for a dentist over there is NOT a dentist here! :) I used that money to buy several big old houses and ever since I've rented out those 22 small rooms, for $100 a week each to soldiers, disabled vets and college kids. Do the math.
I have on site, live-in tenant managers, and a property management company checks on my managers. I'm hands off now, but for 1 year of the start up of each building, I lived there and managed it, while running back and forth to the others. It got hectic at times, but now I just collect the check. So I've had nothing but spare time for many years now.

righto

Nov 24, 2018
very few people have developed "short power". you should be able to really whack a man with a punch that only moves 2-3" from your side. it's the answer for not only making guys let you out of clinches, it can win the fight, cause he's seriously hurt. a few masters can do this with spear hand, but almost any strong man can learn to do what I call the "airchisel", 3-4 strikes in half a second, to whatever part of his body that you can reach, using the spade hand. TKD players are supposed to be learning this with each starting position that they practice, but the understanding has been lost, as to what they are doing. When you have this short power sort of strike, the standing guillotine is just asking the guy to bust your solar plexus, ribs, kidneys, or bladder