General Altered Carbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Two episodes in... not as good as season 1. Not even close. It feels like a B movie or when they try to cash in on a great movie with a sequel that is done just for the money. Mackie is not a lead actor. It feels like he is reading the script when he talks. I hope it gets better but I doubt it...

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
I dont watch this thing sober so can anyone explain to me how there is black takeshi kovacs and the original asian takeshi kovacs at the same time? I am on episode five of the second season

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
1st season was very good for about 2 or 3 episodes, then went down hill rapidly, by the end of the season it was like watching the shit episodes of Stargate.

The flash back stuff in particular was pure shite.

I do have a plan to read the books at some stage, premise is interesting and the story wasn't too bad, was just really shit execution, especially towards the end.

Don't think I could bring myself to watch the 2nd season.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I dont watch this thing sober so can anyone explain to me how there is black takeshi kovacs and the original asian takeshi kovacs at the same time? I am on episode five of the second season
Kovacs stack was cloned a long long time ago. Similar to the way that rich people have banks of clones so that if they are killed, they can be spun back up

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
1st season was very good for about 2 or 3 episodes, then went down hill rapidly, by the end of the season it was like watching the shit episodes of Stargate.

The flash back stuff in particular was pure shite.

I do have a plan to read the books at some stage, premise is interesting and the story wasn't too bad, was just really shit execution, especially towards the end.

Don't think I could bring myself to watch the 2nd season.
I love Richard Morgans novels. The fast pace of his writing reminds me of Adam Halls Quiller books.

Check out Market Forces. It’s like mad max mixed with big corporations running the world.

if you are into hard science fiction get some Alistair Reynolds novels. Galactic North and Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days are amazing short story books that will give you a good feel for what his writing is about.

Last edited:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I love Richard Morgans novels. The fast pace of his writing reminds me of Adam Halls Quiller books.

Check out Market Forces. It’s like mad max mixed with big corporations running the world.
I've been reading a book called I , cyborg.

It's on the app store and it's a choose your adventure book. I won't recommend it because I think the shit is rigged. But it's dystopian future related.

However, I have read quite a lot of these things and some of them are fantastic. It's a right rabbit hole once you get going

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015

if you are into hard science fiction get some Alistair Reynolds novels. Galactic North and Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days are amazing short story books that will give you a good feel for what his writing is about.
I have never read any of his stuff, I will definitely check him out.

I have read K Dick, Gibson, Banks, to bits

Some Clarke, Asimov , Bear, Harrison , I love my Sci Fi but haven't been reading as much as I used to.

Thanks for the recommendations man.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I'm on the last episode of the second season. Though I do no like the changes they have made from the books, this season is still very good. I don't get the hate that it seems to be getting.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'm on the last episode of the second season. Though I do no like the changes they have made from the books, this season is still very good. I don't get the hate that it seems to be getting.
For me it was too much Mackie and it felt like a long season.