Alternate Match: ForgetMeNot vs Captain Britain

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ForgetMeNot vs Captain Britain

• ForgetMeNot

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Captain Britain

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Alternate match:

ForgetMeNot - Zeph @Zeph vs Captain Britain RedDragonUK @RedDragonUK

Rules:
The fight starts in a grassy field 100 miles from anywhere - if you want a fight in jungles, snow or a city, you have to take the fight there. They have their powers in their ideal settings (eg Superman has been solar charged, Neo is in the Matrix, Namor is fully hydrated etc).

Win is by KO/death. Fleeing the battle is a DQ.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Captain Britain:

Brian Braddock has superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, reflexes, senses, and the ability to fly at supersonic speeds. He also possesses enhanced perceptions that allow him to be aware of things others may miss (such as objects cloaked by spells of illusion).[68] When he and Meggan destroyed the Otherworld energy matrix at Roma's prompting[volume & issue needed], the energies that allowed him to retain his power within the UK without his costume were dissipated. Hence, to retain his powers anywhere on Earth, he must wear the costume at all times.[citation needed] His costume acts as an antenna and battery, allowing him to retain his powers wherever he goes.

However, the conditions of his power were once again changed during his death and resurrection in the first story arc of Captain Britain and MI: 13 as explained by writer Paul Cornell,

As we reveal in issue five, the limits of Brian's powers are now tied in to his emotions. So if he's feeling very determined and confident, then he's very powerful, but if he's losing it then he'll really be losing it. He's as strong as he used to be, and he can fly, and that's all due to his magical nature, not to his costume. I've always seen him as something like the Shazam Captain Marvel, a hero formed through magic. Which means the subjective nature of what he can now do feels apt to me. As he himself says about great feats depending on whether or not he can gather all his courage together, he says: 'well, I am Captain Britain.'[69

Last edited:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
What rules did you want/expect?
I don't know, but no cover and no leaving the field means forgetmenot can't get people to lose sight of him and forget him. Which would allow him to leave and go find a weapon which would be powerful enough to do the job, all the while the other guy has no idea what's coming. I'll play the next one, I guess.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I don't know, but no cover and no leaving the field means forgetmenot can't get people to lose sight of him and forget him. Which would allow him to leave and go find a weapon which would be powerful enough to do the job, all the while the other guy has no idea what's coming. I'll play the next one, I guess.
Couldn't he take his clothes off and hide behind them?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
You're assuming the superhero doesn't go investigate these empty clothes.
I haven't assumed anything, just asked a question. Obviously with the character you have chosen, you will have to get creative when put into a 1 on 1 fist fight with super powered heroes.

Take off his clothes, hold them up in front of him and start walking around to lure Captain Britain over. CB will forget he's in a fight and assume it is a random person. When he gets close enough, throw the shirt over his face and jump on his back, then put on a child's voice a pretend to be scared. Ask Captain Britain to take you home but you're shy, so please don't look at you.

Get him to fly you anywhere you want.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Brian Braddock has superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, reflexes, senses, and the ability to fly at supersonic speeds. He also possesses enhanced perceptions that allow him to be aware of things others may miss (such as objects cloaked by spells of illusion).[68] When he and Meggan destroyed the Otherworld energy matrix at Roma's prompting[volume & issue needed], the energies that allowed him to retain his power within the UK without his costume were dissipated. Hence, to retain his powers anywhere on Earth, he must wear the costume at all times.[citation needed] His costume acts as an antenna and battery, allowing him to retain his powers wherever he goes.

However, the conditions of his power were once again changed during his death and resurrection in the first story arc of Captain Britain and MI: 13 as explained by writer Paul Cornell,

As we reveal in issue five, the limits of Brian's powers are now tied in to his emotions. So if he's feeling very determined and confident, then he's very powerful, but if he's losing it then he'll really be losing it. He's as strong as he used to be, and he can fly, and that's all due to his magical nature, not to his costume. I've always seen him as something like the Shazam Captain Marvel, a hero formed through magic. Which means the subjective nature of what he can now do feels apt to me. As he himself says about great feats depending on whether or not he can gather all his courage together, he says: 'well, I am Captain Britain.'[69]

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
This one is a draw so we move to sudden death. Next time I see a vote one way or another, that character wins.