VID Alvarez believes there's a simple way to beat McGregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
That's all good but what happens when you're in top position smashing and all you can hear in your head is.

"you're a white belt on the mat"
"you can't even pass guard"
"I'll butcher you from bottom, then stand up and butcher you on the feet"

You're bat shit crazy if you think Chad wasn't affected by all that, in fact it would take huge mental strength not to try prove those things wrong once you get in a dominant position. If anyone gives him an opportunity to scramble they're fucked.
I don't think this is the case. Once the fight starts and contact is made, that all leaves and tunnel vision on fighting sets in

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Cmac is indeed pretty good in a scramble.
I was watching him being announced for Siver and he was running around the cage like a chimp or gorilla on all fours, I tried it it's a lot harder than it looks, his ability to get his pelvis underneath him is related to that kind of movement.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I don't think this is the case. Once the fight starts and contact is made, that all leaves and tunnel vision on fighting sets in
Multiple fighters have mentioned shit talking getting to them. I wouldn't say it gets to everyone, but it has been effective in the past.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Does it really though? I realise you're in the zone going on feel not thought but the zone is influenced by external factors regardless.

P

Punch

Multiple fighters have mentioned shit talking getting to them. I wouldn't say it gets to everyone, but it has been effective in the past.
If that's the case I think, as Marcellus Wallace would say, that's pride fucking with you.

P

Punch

Does it really though? I realise you're in the zone going on feel not thought but the zone is influenced by external factors regardless.
Depends on the fighter. Some fighters have said that they don't even hear the crowd. I personally can understand this, having been trained to block out distractions when you have the psycho "wum wum wum" of that adrenaline rush.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Depends on the fighter. Some fighters have said that they don't even hear the crowd. I personally can understand this, having been trained to block out distractions when you have the psycho "wum wum wum" of that adrenaline rush.
The most intense shit I've done, kayak races or street fights I always notice other shit like the guy announcing or people standing around. I remember stuff like that in really good detail, do you?

P

Punch

The most intense shit I've done, kayak races or street fights I always notice other shit like the guy announcing or people standing around. I remember stuff like that in really good detail, do you?
To be frank, all I remember is that mud brick house being shredded, the noise in my ears, and shaking badly afterwards.

P

Punch

I guess what I'm trying to get at, is that it will take either a very mentally tough individual, or a straight savage to block out cmac.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
First UFC fight jitters are true. I haven't been shit talked so can't comment.
No one has ever talked shit to you? Conscious we both live in the same country and you could find me and fuck me up, so to qualify this - I'm not being a smart ass or asking in a funny way - - wild, how do you hide address details?

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
To be frank, all I remember is that mud brick house being shredded, the noise in my ears, and shaking badly afterwards.
I was talking about maybe an 8 or 9 on the intensity level not so much a 12:).

P

Punch

Out of the 145 and 155 divisions, who is the absolute worst nightmare matchup for Cmac? Frankie, Eddie, & Khabib I have all heard in the mix, but what's y'alls opinion?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
No one has ever talked shit to you? Conscious we both live in the same country and you could find me and fuck me up, so to qualify this - I'm not being a smart ass or asking in a funny way - - wild, how do you hide address details?
Not that I recall. A bit of banter at the weigh ins or in the pre fight interviews but nothing serious

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Out of the 145 and 155 divisions, who is the absolute worst nightmare matchup for Cmac? Frankie, Eddie, & Khabib I have all heard in the mix, but what's y'alls opinion?
Ferguson because he will pressure you, Nate Diaz because he doesn't give a fuck, Barboza because he can kick you into oblivion, Felder because he's just tough as nails - I'd actually like to see this more than other fight - many fights for him

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Does for me. But maybe you're right. Thinking about it, there are definite cases where fighters are affected by emotion