Am I Gullible?... Or Is Dillon Danis Actually Not a Bad Guy?

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Thuglife13

Thuglife13 TMMAC Grand Poobah

Ratings:
    +2,376
    I see what you're saying and it's valid totally. But are you saying you have no issue at all with all the stuff Khabib has done? Him attacking Artem Lobov with his whole crew and assaulting him? His behavior after the Conor fight? His friend at AKA wearing the "I am not Charlie Hebdo and never be" tshirt? Him videotaping the homeless person doing pushups and lying about paying him? The violent threats against performers where he's from just because he doesn't agree with that kinda entertainment?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Have a toke! Have a toke! x 1
  2. Rhino

Rhino Channel Moderator

Ratings:
    +10,909
    I am old school, you show respect to your opponents, you're prize fighting, however the trend in MMA nowadays is shit talking to try to boost public status..... Conor excels in it, everyone else is a cheap knockoff.

I preamble with that because Artem ran around like a little bit throwing personal insults towards Khabib acting like that shit is a game.... He should know better how Russians take that... He acted like a fake ass tough guy and his card got pulled.... Fuck him. Likewise, you go out there insulting people's religion and family, you better be prepared to incur their wrath.... Do I condone the post fight brawl? No.... But I understand why it's done.

Has Khabib done some asshole things? Yes... But no different than the racist douchebag things Colby Covington, or other showboating, bravado fighters have.... I've gone on record here saying how much I can't stand that shit, and how I feel that MMA today lacks a Bushido code.... But fighters today feel like they have to act like that to promote themselves, because idiot fanboys are like "woohoo that's awesome".

I personally find it funny that the American MMA fan base get mad at foreign fighters for acting in this manner (except Conor), but love when a Covington does the same shit

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. blank

blank Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +8,904
    He's young, he's doing well. It was a good interview. What his history is doesn't concern me.
    Fight fans are fucking retarded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $

Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $ Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +9,876
    There are many worse people doing many worse things in the world then Dillon

I don't particularly like the guy but I'm not gonna sit here and shit on him
    and act as if I don't have plenty of shitty things to answer for myself

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. SCADA

SCADA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,494
    I can only confirm that he has very soft hands....

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Filthy

Filthy Too dumb to win, too tough to Ignore

Ratings:
    +11,250
    Colby and Conor do it for PPV buys.

Khabib is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. blank

blank Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +8,904
    than

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Tiiimmmaaayyy

Tiiimmmaaayyy First 100 ish

Ratings:
    +7,435
    I don't know about Danis or his history. He may be a total tool, but in this one little snippet he didn't seem to be nearly as over the top arrogant as some other fighters. The only thing that made watching that video difficult was Ariel.

• Informative Informative x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted