Amanda Nunes has retirement on her mind: 'There’s nothing else to be done right now'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

UFC dual champion Amanda Nunes already intends on sitting out the rest of 2020 after her latest triumph. Could it be permanent?

During an interview with Brazilian TV show “Esporte Espetacular,” Nunes admitted that retirement is on her mind one week removed from her UFC 250 win over Felicia Spencer.

“Ah, I don’t know. I’ve achieved everything I wanted,” Nunes said, as translated by MMA Fighting. “I’m well. I can go on with my life, maybe a (take) new step, maybe find new talents, help some girls there … maybe be a coach, too....

Continue reading:

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Too bad Cyborg ran away from a rematch...although maybe it was the smart thing to do on her part!

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm guessing money has a lot to do with her decision.
You think she can make as much money outside the UFC?

She's the UFC new golden girl, what's she gonna do that earns her similar cash on the outside?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Of course not. She reached the top and I assume she's not willing to sell herself out to continue enriching a group of investment firms.
Meh. I don't think she made that top dollar yet. Imo she's got a few good years in her at least. She should be exploiting her position.as the.top woman imo. Not considering retirement. But maybe that's the plan all along