Amanda Nunes to retire after 2-3 UFC fights: ‘I want to have a family’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Amanda Nunes had a breakthrough performance at UFC 207, when she demolished Ronda Rousey in just 48 seconds. While she significantly raised her stock after the high-profile event, there’s a chance her reign at the top isn’t going to be as long as some would hope.

Nunes is confident she’s not losing that title to anyone, but she revealed to ESPN W that she isn’t planning on fighting for very long.

“Forever. Until I retire. I will comeback here and prove that,” Nunes said about how long she would be keeping her UFC belt.

When asked about those retirement plans, Nunes gave an interesting answer.

“I don’t know, maybe in a couple of fights,” she said about plans of hanging up the gloves.…

Nunes to retire after 2-3 fights: ‘I want to have a family’

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Next fight she loses and then she will be here for another 5 to 6 years

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I hope it works out for her. Her and her girl seem like down to earth, nice people. I saw an interview with them and Nina was talking about how Amanda would buy her cooking, cleaning and sewing stuff for Christmas / birthdays and anniversaries and while she appreciated it and how it made her jobs around the house easier she was trying to get her to buy her nice things. Amanda was sitting there like the epitome of the clueless boyfriend, I thought it was funny as hell.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
This is sounding ronda-ish.she can also raise kids and fight several male fighters have kids.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This is sounding ronda-ish.she can also raise kids and fight several male fighters have kids.
Ronda would obviously be birthing the children. That's very different from just raising kids. My guess is that she's trying to get some of the UFC love she's been getting shorted on.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Ronda would obviously be birthing the children. That's very different from just raising kids. My guess is that she's trying to get some of the UFC love she's been getting shorted on.
I agree this is a bargaining move. Waterson, bi nguyen and a few other Wmma women have birthed kids and still fought after.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I agree this is a bargaining move. Waterson, bi nguyen and a few other Wmma women have birthed kids and still fought after.
It would take a least a year off of your career. Having said that, she doesn't have to birth the child.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Shouldn't have said that, Nunes. Now UFC will do everything in hopes that you lose one way or another before you retire. You're supposed to keep quiet until the last second like GSP did.

Nov 21, 2015
Gotta be a bargaining leverage move. Just not buying it. She just dismantled Meisha and Ronda and now potentially 2017 she'll walk away? Sure...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Shouldn't have said that, Nunes. Now UFC will do everything in hopes that you lose one way or another before you retire. You're supposed to keep quiet until the last second like GSP did.
This. They already disrespect the shit out of her. They'd probably like it if she retired tomorrow.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Bi Nguyen has a kid? I've never heard her talk about that and have not seen a picture of her with a child.