Society Amazon delivery times in your area?

Discussion in 'The Off-topic Lounge' started by conor mcgregor nut hugger, Jan 11, 2020.

1. JonJonesBeard

JonJonesBeard The Face That Runs the Place

Ratings:
    +28,910
    Yeah, and you secret is safe with me. I'll never tell them that it's at 742 Evergreen Terrace.

2. ENOCK

ENOCK Ephesians 6:12 - KJV

Ratings:
    +12,406
    Wonder how long till Amazon takes over the delivery game and forces UPS out and forces Fedex to merge with Walmart.

Amazons takeover of the delivery game will be like what Netflix did to Blockbuster Video

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. JonJonesBeard

JonJonesBeard The Face That Runs the Place

Ratings:
    +28,910
    Blockbuster was crushing Netflix and had the opportunity to finish them off but didn't. It's one of the greatest bungles in business history, but it also illustrates that Netflix didnt exactly come in as a new business model and blow away the competition as we're lead to believe.

4. ENOCK

Ratings:
    +12,406
    M
    For sure Blockbuster had that opportunity and laughed at it but that just showed their arrogance and lack of understanding that the times were changing - they failed to adapt.

It’s like Royce Gracie and the brothers in the 90’s - early 00’s who failed to adapt to the fastly changing landscape of the fight game.they relied solely on their BJJ because it had been so successful for decades.

I think UPS and Fedex are in the same position - they took 30-40 years to build up their empire and have dominated the transportation game laughing and mocking the idea that Amazon could rise up and be the monster it is ....

I believe UPS/Fedex are like Blockbuster was towards Netflix ...they underestimate and don’t understand the relevance technology has played in the super accent of Amazon.

Amazon is tech based and data driven they have all the data from the customers due to their Amazon Prime they track their shopping habits and various trends - Amazons echo is becoming more and more popular and places in people’s homes, Amazon may not be listening to every conversation but it has been proven these devices are able to pick up audio while in the off position and record/store conversations allowing their AI bots to listen for key words to be spoken to help Amazon zone in on their advertising toward that consumer.

No doubt Amazon will be taking over the delivery game within 10 years and may be even a bigger threat to Walmart - Target - Malls then they have been in the past decade.

5. Willthiswork

Willthiswork I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ratings:
    +35,325
    There are a lot of next day options for me. Some same day items. And they also offer Prime Now here which is in 2 hours or less for a ton of stuff. The basic electronic stuff and household items anyway. I use that a lot when I'm going to be cooking and don't want to bother with the grocery store for just a few things. The convenience of not having to deal with people is worth the extra cash to me to have someone bring me some ice cream and ingredients that I didn't have to make a dish for dinner. That's gotten really cool now that Whole Foods is more integrated into it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ENOCK

Ratings:
    +12,406
  7. Jesus X

Jesus X Make Tmmac Great Again

Ratings:
    +23,699
    I have ordered things like at 11 pm and received them like at 8 am so like 9 hrs delivery time and that was with normal 2 day delivery amazon prime.

8. lueVelvet

lueVelvet WHERT DA FERCK?

Ratings:
    +6,546
    I get some stuff in a few hours and others within a day or two. I’m ok with this level of convenience.

Draft saved Draft deleted