Society Amazon delivery times in your area?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
1-3 days
and they use US mail trucks...these mail trucks are dedicated to amazon packages only and don't carry the normal mail

Poleeko

Feb 14, 2017
Me too. Don't quote me on this because I might be wrong but I think some items are within like a couple of hours.
Only some items are in a local warehouse. The same day stuff is pretty limited. Most is 2 day unless the contracted carrier can’t make the time which has been happening more often.

M

member 3289

Only some items are in a local warehouse. The same day stuff is pretty limited. Most is 2 day unless the contracted carrier can’t make the time which has been happening more often.
What percentage of your stuff is delivered via Amazon logistics?

90% of my most recent 10 orders have been delivered by Amazon. Their delivery service used to be shit but it's gotten way better.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
In the UK it was quite frequently next day, and that was without paying for Prime. I've been with Prime since I left, I'm an impatient twat, haha.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Anyone else getting one-day delivery for a lot of items?
I'm usually seeing next day if order by a certain cutoff. They're supposed to be building a large distribution center here so that's supposed to speed times up, but they're also building it in a really stupid spot so I'm still not sure how likely same day will be. It's worth noting that I often see 2 or 3 day delivery because I order less common shit that has to come from farther away, I also generally avoid Amazon it's usually a rip off.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Usually next day.
I've had shit show up same day if I order in the AM.

Poleeko

Feb 14, 2017
What percentage of your stuff is delivered via Amazon logistics?

90% of my most recent 10 orders have been delivered by Amazon. Their delivery service used to be shit but it's gotten way better.
It’s hard to tell. An Amazon logo on the truck can be a contractor and not necessarily their employee.

M

member 3289

I also generally avoid Amazon it's usually a rip off.
It depends on the item. More commonly sold items are cheaper at Walmart, but for electronics and certain other things Amazon has the best prices.

In the U.S. at least

M

member 3289

It’s hard to tell. An Amazon logo on the truck can be a contractor and not necessarily their employee.
It's usually a contractor but your order will say how it's shipped.

2-3 years ago only about 10% of my orders shipped via Amazon Logistics. Now it's almost every order.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It depends on the item. More commonly sold items are cheaper at Walmart, but for electronics and certain other things Amazon has the best prices.

In the U.S. at least
It really depends, as a general rule stuff is usually cheaper or the same price here locally. With Amazon you're basically paying for the to your door service. I do like them for used books, but from what I understand if you're an Amazon reseller they really make you jump through hoops. Another reason I tend to avoid Amazon is their deplorable business practices.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Pretty sure Amazon is using the Fedex method.

Fedex Ground drivers are all contracted out and not employees of Fedex

Fedex Express drivers are Fedex Employees.

I believe Amazon will be using the Fedex Ground method of contracting out their drivers to avoid giving their employees overtime pay - benefits like health insurance - dental - vision etc...

Jeffy B is doing this until he can get his drones delivering.

The whole delivery game is changing - in 20 years I’d be surprised to see human drivers ....

But that goes for all sectors as AI and Bots take over humanity.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Pretty sure Amazon is using the Fedex method.

Fedex Ground drivers are all contracted out and not employees of Fedex

Fedex Express drivers are Fedex Employees.

I believe Amazon will be using the Fedex Ground method of contracting out their drivers to avoid giving their employees overtime pay - benefits like health insurance - dental - vision etc...

Jeffy B is doing this until he can get his drones delivering.

The whole delivery game is changing - in 20 years I’d be surprised to see human drivers ....

But that goes for all sectors as AI and Bots take over humanity.
Dont worry, they dont know where your tunnel is