Society Amazon delivery times in your area?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Wonder how long till Amazon takes over the delivery game and forces UPS out and forces Fedex to merge with Walmart.

Amazons takeover of the delivery game will be like what Netflix did to Blockbuster Video

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Wonder how long till Amazon takes over the delivery game and forces UPS out and forces Fedex to merge with Walmart.

Amazons takeover of the delivery game will be like what Netflix did to Blockbuster Video
Blockbuster was crushing Netflix and had the opportunity to finish them off but didn't. It's one of the greatest bungles in business history, but it also illustrates that Netflix didnt exactly come in as a new business model and blow away the competition as we're lead to believe.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
M
Blockbuster was crushing Netflix and had the opportunity to finish them off but didn't. It's
Gone of the greatest bungles in business history, but it also illustrates that Netflix didnt exactly come in as a new business model and blow away the competition as we're lead to believe.
For sure Blockbuster had that opportunity and laughed at it but that just showed their arrogance and lack of understanding that the times were changing - they failed to adapt.

It’s like Royce Gracie and the brothers in the 90’s - early 00’s who failed to adapt to the fastly changing landscape of the fight game.they relied solely on their BJJ because it had been so successful for decades.

I think UPS and Fedex are in the same position - they took 30-40 years to build up their empire and have dominated the transportation game laughing and mocking the idea that Amazon could rise up and be the monster it is ....

I believe UPS/Fedex are like Blockbuster was towards Netflix ...they underestimate and don’t understand the relevance technology has played in the super accent of Amazon.

Amazon is tech based and data driven they have all the data from the customers due to their Amazon Prime they track their shopping habits and various trends - Amazons echo is becoming more and more popular and places in people’s homes, Amazon may not be listening to every conversation but it has been proven these devices are able to pick up audio while in the off position and record/store conversations allowing their AI bots to listen for key words to be spoken to help Amazon zone in on their advertising toward that consumer.

No doubt Amazon will be taking over the delivery game within 10 years and may be even a bigger threat to Walmart - Target - Malls then they have been in the past decade.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
There are a lot of next day options for me. Some same day items. And they also offer Prime Now here which is in 2 hours or less for a ton of stuff. The basic electronic stuff and household items anyway. I use that a lot when I'm going to be cooking and don't want to bother with the grocery store for just a few things. The convenience of not having to deal with people is worth the extra cash to me to have someone bring me some ice cream and ingredients that I didn't have to make a dish for dinner. That's gotten really cool now that Whole Foods is more integrated into it.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I have ordered things like at 11 pm and received them like at 8 am so like 9 hrs delivery time and that was with normal 2 day delivery amazon prime.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I get some stuff in a few hours and others within a day or two. I’m ok with this level of convenience.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Anyone know how to contact them about a specific failed delivery? I did the launch an inquiry thing and filed a complaint but it isn't giving me the option to file another one.

They said they were going to get back to me a few days ago but I haven't heard anything.

It says the delivery was handed to a resident, but I can't see it. I had another Amazon delivery that day which went fine. It's only a dozen empty bottles I use for when I make hot sauce so no major drama, just annoying.

I'd rather not be speaking to anyone on the phone.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Anyone know how to contact them about a specific failed delivery? I did the launch an inquiry thing and filed a complaint but it isn't giving me the option to file another one.

They said they were going to get back to me a few days ago but I haven't heard anything.

It says the delivery was handed to a resident, but I can't see it. I had another Amazon delivery that day which went fine. It's only a dozen empty bottles I use for when I make hot sauce so no major drama, just annoying.

I'd rather not be speaking to anyone on the phone.
If you want something done and want to control it, you have to call or it goes into the machine and if it gets missed or they want to take their time, that’s what you deal with

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If you want something done and want to control it, you have to call or it goes into the machine and if it gets missed or they want to take their time, that’s what you deal with
They've always been really good if something's been nicked off the doorstep or whatever and advance replace without even looking into it.

I just can't find the option to launch another inquiry.

It's a pity because I use Amazon a lot.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Found a live chat option, they can't replace but they're refunding. Only $13 but I wanted to make hot sauce this week dammit.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Found a live chat option, they can't replace but they're refunding. Only $13 but I wanted to make hot sauce this week dammit.
I bought a 3D printer on Prime Day last year, and Lulzbot sent me a piece of crap and jerked me around on fixing it. When I tried to return it (within 30 days), Lulzbot wanted to keep a 20% restocking fee.

Amazon told them to refund in full or GTFO.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I live a few miles from a warehouse. So if what I order is stored there it is usually next day. 99% of my ordering is done at night. Otherwise it is usually 1-2 days. Every so often it's longer but I think those are things not delivered by Amazon

Some stuff is USPS or whatever, some is an Amazon vehicle. Sometimes it is a random person in their own personal vehicle.

T

The Big Guy

If I order stuff for work like breakers or a pump in the morning I can sometimes get same day if they have it at the local fulfillment center.

Order around 10am I can have it by 5pm same day. But I'm done working so it's set aside until the morning

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I bought a 3D printer on Prime Day last year, and Lulzbot sent me a piece of crap and jerked me around on fixing it. When I tried to return it (within 30 days), Lulzbot wanted to keep a 20% restocking fee.

Amazon told them to refund in full or GTFO.
Yep. Things fuck up, I assume the driver couldn't get into my complex for whatever reason and lied. You don't just randomly give it to a resident, they normally leave it on my doorstep unless it needs a signature.

I buy so much from them that I understand sometimes things go wrong. Their aftercare service has always been brilliant, and that's what matters.

M

member 1013

I live outside the large urban area that has My
Distribution centre. Sometimes same day, max 2.

usually one

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I ordered something for my son last night at about 8pm. Just got delivered (1pm next day). Prime delivery is usually pretty quick in Austin, depending on the items. I think one of their big distribution warehouses is just south of town.

M

member 3289

Second late package this week. Why did it sit in Portland for a full fucking day?

Screenshot_20200909-150727_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Gonna have to destroy them with my elite negotiation skills again

Screenshot_20200815-110956_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20200815-110940_Amazon Shopping.jpg