General An elephant grabs some lunch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Hot n sour soup. Couldn't get into the place I wanted to go. Chinese motherfuckers straight up dorsia me. Went to a rival instead.

Blowing my own trumpet again but really cooking is the only thing I do completely ace, my H&S soup is immense. I even make the char sui (pork, yeah I know you don't want me eating it) for it. I might do that today. I make the char sui marinade in a big batch and freeze it so I always have it on hand.

I've found a Michelen star ramen place in SF which I'm going to give a go in a couple of weeks. First ramen that wasn't out of a packet I ever had was in SF and it was epic.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Blowing my own trumpet again but really cooking is the only thing I do completely ace, my H&S soup is immense. I even make the char sui (pork, yeah I know you don't want me eating it) for it. I might do that today. I make the char sui marinade in a big batch and freeze it so I always have it on hand.

I've found a Michelen star ramen place in SF which I'm going to give a go in a couple of weeks. First ramen that wasn't out of a packet I ever had was in SF and it was epic.
Are you in the UK or back in the Bay Area? I'm confused as fuck cuz it seems like you're in one place every other day lol.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Are you in the UK or back in the Bay Area? I'm confused as fuck cuz it seems like you're in one place every other day lol.
She splits her time between San Francisco and Brighton, giving out Werther's originals to men in leather trousers.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Ha, I've been away a lot recently, yeah. Got back to San Jose yesterday with no plans to go away again anytime soon. Fed up with battered knees and broken nails from luggage.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Ha, I've been away a lot recently, yeah. Got back to San Jose yesterday with no plans to go away again anytime soon. Fed up with battered knees and broken nails from luggage.
Have you ever been to my 3 fav places in SJ which are La Vics, House Of Pizza, and Mark's Hot Dogs?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Have you ever been to my 3 fav places in SJ which are La Vics, House Of Pizza, and Mark's Hot Dogs?
None! I spend most of my time at my soccer team's bar called Jack's in Japantown, Jake's Pizza in Willow Glen and Il Sognio which is a sports bar come Italian restaurant I go to to watch NFL and a few brewery hang outs on rotation depending who's where of an evening.

I do love a hot dog...I haven't heard of any of those :(

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
None! I spend most of my time at my soccer team's bar called Jack's in Japantown, Jake's Pizza in Willow Glen and Il Sognio which is a sports bar come Italian restaurant I go to to watch NFL and a few brewery hang outs on rotation depending who's where of an evening.

La Vics is slang for La Victoria Taqueria and there's a few in town, tang @Vagabond knows about it. House of Pizza is on Almaden and it's the best pizza I've ever had. Mark's Hot Dogs make some legit chili dogs and are beloved on Capital on the east side...

La Vics

House Of Pizza

Mark's Hot Dogs

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
La Vics is slang for La Victoria Taqueria and there's a few in town, tang @Vagabond knows about it. House of Pizza is on Almaden and it's the best pizza I've ever had. Mark's Hot Dogs make some legit chili dogs and are beloved on Capital on the east side...

La Vics

House Of Pizza

Mark's Hot Dogs
silentsinger @Otis Driftwood

you guys should try Patxi's Pizza, I think there's one in North SJ and Campbell

make sure you get the honey sauce on the side, crust is made like cornbread

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015

Jake's combination is pretty bomb~ but I think the one in Saratoga is better than the one in Willow Glen

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
silentsinger @Otis Driftwood

you guys should try Patxi's Pizza, I think there's one in North SJ and Campbell

make sure you get the honey sauce on the side, crust is made like cornbread

I know the manager of the Campbell one through a local beer group but I've not been. They look awesome, I've never had Chicago pizza before.

I tend to go to Jake's because it's the closest place to walk to and I like the bar area to have a couple of beers and watch sport sometimes.