Anderson Silva NAC hearing postponed for fourth time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

For the fourth time in a row, Anderson Silva has asked to postpone his hearing with the Nevada Athletic Commission, following a couple of failed drug tests before and after his unanimous decision win with Nick Diaz at UFC 183 in January.

His new deadline will now be on August 7, as it has been confirmed by Nevada deputy attorney general, Christopher Eccles, and reported by Combate.

The reason for the new postponement has not been disclosed by Anderson Silva or his team this time, though the reason for the last ones was to wait for the results of new exams that could enhance his defense at the hearing.

LINK: Anderson Silva NAC hearing postponed for fourth time - Bloody Elbow

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
For the naive motha fucas, why would he keep postponing it? Yes, I'm naive
Sharpening his defense? Delaying a suspension & fines? Hoping the longer it's delayed, the more people will forget about it? Not sure, to be honest.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
he's going to end up pissing them off, and that's not a good thing. look what they helped do to wandy. if he sets suspended for a while, he gets shut off from opportunities in the mma world.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
1. Postpone indefinitely.
2. Claim you were never suspended for PEDs, so you are not a cheat.
3. ????
4. Profit.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It seems that they are trying to postpone the hearing until everyone has forgotten about it. I say suspend for 2 years and lets move on.

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
with having two failed tests, i wonder if he can get a year per test, or is it just lumped together? i don't recall another fighter failing two tests for one fight.

MahatmaPetey

Feb 26, 2015
Sources close to Silva have confirmed they are waiting until Opposite Day to present their case, in hopes of gaining the upper hand amidst the confusion.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
It seems that they are trying to postpone the hearing until everyone has forgotten about it. I say suspend for 2 years and lets move on.
If that's the strategy, I think it's working. I haven't even thought about this hearing since it was announced months ago. Wasn't even aware of the postponements, or forgot about them if I did know.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
His exam didn't prove what he thought it would.

Oh and his son cried and sucked some more dick or something.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"My son, he cry in my cereal. His tears uhh, Andro, benzos... trust me."

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
"I ask tear, why you cry from my eye? Tear look sad and cry from eye again. Because my son. I say commission, doctor is mistake. Commission, I look afraid again because my son."

*pantomimes theater faces*

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Anderson strikes me as a guy who pretends to speak horrible broken English when the camera is on to pretend "Misunderstandings" as a tool and when it's off has this perfect Michael Caine British accent saying:

"Bloody hell, these people are wankers. Get me some Beluga Caviar you bloody twit!"

Like the parody of Sarah Palin on that South Park jewel heist episode.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
His career has to be over at this point, as I don't see him coming back after a suspension. He won't be able to perform as well off the juice IMO (there might be a psychological dependence there), so he'll have his own version of Post-TRT Vitor Syndrome going on.

Still an excellent fighter, but after so many years at the very top, and no title shot in sight, I'm not sure coming back will be worth it. It's a shame because all he had to do was cop to his usage, connect his decision to the injury, and then move on. Instead we get this twister game of excuses.

Still the greatest UFC fighter ever IMO...I'll just be trying to erase from my memory this weird, ongoing fiasco that's unfortunately capping off his tremendous career.

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
his injury was healed before he was able to train again. he's just a cheater, and probably has been for a long time.

at 5:35 you can see the needles on his shelf. this was filmed before his fight with vitor, on february 5th, 2011.
maybe he should just man up, and admit it, like richman.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
His career has to be over at this point, as I don't see him coming back after a suspension. He won't be able to perform as well off the juice IMO (there might be a psychological dependence there), so he'll have his own version of Post-TRT Vitor Syndrome going on.

Still an excellent fighter, but after so many years at the very top, and no title shot in sight, I'm not sure coming back will be worth it. It's a shame because all he had to do was cop to his usage, connect his decision to the injury, and then move on. Instead we get this twister game of excuses.

Still the greatest UFC fighter ever IMO...I'll just be trying to erase from my memory this weird, ongoing fiasco that's unfortunately capping off his tremendous career.

He seems the same as what happened to Lance with the mounting speculation and circumstance and ruin people's reputation as well as Ryan Braun as soon as he knew he had failed a test which was to pin it on the delivery man and ruin his life.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
his injury was healed before he was able to train again. he's just a cheater, and probably has been for a long time.
Of all the wrong endings to a story, Silva's has to be one of the worst. Clown-KO'd against Weidman, then horrifically broke his leg, then a lackluster return against Diaz, then the failed test...and the denials. Oh yeah, the the "I'm trying out for the Olympic TKD team" declaration, followed by going AWOL.

Funny thing is, he could STILL cut his losses and save face at this point, but he won't. It's just going to get worse, you can tell.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
at 5:35 you can see the needles on his shelf. this was filmed before his fight with vitor, on february 5th, 2011.
Yeah, I remember the video from the UG thread a couple years ago. The guy who pointed out that needle became immortal (can't remember the poster's name though, heh...was it you?)