Anderson Silva NAC hearing postponed for fourth time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
He seems the same as what happened to Lance with the mounting speculation and circumstance and ruin people's reputation as well as Ryan Braun as soon as he knew he had failed a test which was to pin it on the delivery man and ruin his life.
Not familiar with the Braun story. I just read the Wiki article...looks like he got a slap on the wrist, missed half a season in 2013, and then everything went back to normal?

I can see the Lance A. comparison for sure. The harder he denied it, the harder they went after him. In the end his own hubris took him down. He just absolutely could not live with people contradicting his claims to being a drug-free rider, and kept denying and denying and denying, pounding tables and making demon faces at reporters and cursing them out, until finally the whole charade collapsed.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not familiar with the Braun story. I just read the Wiki article...looks like he got a slap on the wrist, missed half a season in 2013, and then everything went back to normal?

I can see the Lance A. comparison for sure. The harder he denied it, the harder they went after him. In the end his own hubris took him down. He just absolutely could not live with people contradicting his claims to being a drug-free rider, and kept denying and denying and denying, pounding tables and making demon faces at reporters and cursing them out, until finally the whole charade collapsed.
Braun got what they consider first offence, and seemed optically suitable vs the tiny suspensions before that but at first he avoided it by claiming the delivery guy could have tampered with it for a delay he added in submitting it. Then the Biogenesis scandle exposed he was purchasing steroids which like Lance he admit after the fact. The suspension of a half season is equivalent to the 9 months in MMA until this recent change. He knew he was guilty all along, and like Anderson, is trying to manufacture doubt with a perhaps incidental variation in the way something was handled by the UFC or testing company while knowing full well he was guilty the entire time. He took it as far as calling the collector an anti-semite, then when caught went on some "I am not perfect, I regret bla bla bla". Basically the typical "I am sorry I got caught, and if I could guarantee myself getting away with it, I would do it in an instant again".

He's not been close to the same hitter since since and while the collector was wrong in his negligence, Braun was still steadfast after that in his denials and finger pointing until Baseball laid a whole file of evidence at his feet.

I only consider the three of them similar in their battening down the hatches even when the gates are being beat down in front of them and they chose cop outs each time someone got close to the truth. Using smear tactics against "haters" or people involved in the process to attempt keep their image intact.

If Anderson had been trying this before the other two he might have more luck convincing more people of some conspiracy or incidental contamination somehow, but in 2015 after the list of failures, excuses and dog and pony shows?

He's fooling himself and either on a delusional kick or a delay tactice to make it eventually seem less important and noticeable when he is actually punished.

As far as the commission sees it, the longer he delays, the longer he is just more or less serving his own imposed suspension by not making a dime anyways. The legacy effects are not their concern, only his.

Last edited:

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Thanks for that backstory. LOL at the antisemitic card, and the idea of some random delivery guy spiking the results. Up there with OJ's remark about his blood being found at the crime scene, "Man, I bleed all the time."

Braun's falloff in performance is very telling. People still to this day argue about how minimal the effects of steroids are through the artificial separation of skill and physical attributes like strength, no matter what evidence you show. Let me guess, he claims he has PTSD from the witch hunt against him, so he can't concentrate on hitting the ball like he used to?

Anyway, I guess Anderson was banking on having another 2-3 years of career via PED's, and is pissed that isn't going to happen now? Or, maybe it is all legacy. Funny thing is, although (from what I can gather) most people concede Anderson was probably a user all along, it hasn't been a hot topic. In other words, people haven't run with the idea that his legacy is tainted. It's all in Anderson's head at this point. But that is bad news (for him). You can't control everything, no matter how beloved or rich or whatever you are. Didn't we all learn from Kenny Rogers, you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em? That song should be part of PED-denial therapy.