Anderson Silva says Jake Paul fight ‘possible’, preparing his body ‘for a challenge’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
UFC 208: Open Workouts

UFC legend Anderson Silva is preparing his body for a challenge as the 47-year-old hopes to fight Jake Paul in his next boxing match.

Silva returned to the boxing ring yesterday on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather vs. Don Moore at Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates where he dominated fellow countryman Bruno Machado in an eight-round non-scored exhibition out.

The Brazilian talked about a possible boxing match with YouTuber Jake Paul before the fight.

“It’s possible,” Silva said of the Paul matchup during a pre-fight interview with Sports Illustrated. “People need to respect the Paul brothers. Those kids are talented, and they’ve opened people’s eyes about the good and bad in combat sports. I’m preparing my body for a challenge. We’ll see what happens.”

Silva, who is considered one of the best strikers in MMA, made the transition to boxing after being released from the UFC in 2020. The former UFC middleweight champion has since gone on to defeat Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (SD) and Tito Ortiz (KO) as well as outclass Machado (mentioned above) in an exhibition match.

At 47-years-old Silva is still training hard every day and anticipates more fun boxing matches in the future.

“I made the transition from my MMA career to boxing, and I’m doing something I love,” Silva said. “I am training hard every day, so I’m not surprised at my success. I’m not impressed yet, either. I have a lot more work to do.”

Anderson Silva says Jake Paul fight ‘possible’, preparing his body ‘for a challenge’

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I don’t watch these kinds of fights, but Anderson was a good mma fighter who, for a short time, was bordering on great amd brought attention to the sport. Particularly when he brought onboard Stephanie Seagull. When Stephanie taught him that kick, it just snowballed into a legitimate relationship that bore the fruits of success we all wanted to see.

I believe he deserves to fight for Jack Paul’s title.

Only after that will I consider giving him GOAT status. If he beats Jack, I will forever call him the GOAT, you have my word on that

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I don’t care about the Jake Paul circus but it has been fun seeing a older Anderson look crisp and comfortable in the ring. You can’t overlook Paul being bigger and younger but they don’t even belong in the same sentence when you think about combat sports skills and experience. This would feel less like a spectacle than the other Paul vs former MMA guys and I’d be interested to see how this fight would go.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I don’t care about the Jake Paul circus but it has been fun seeing a older Anderson look crisp and comfortable in the ring. You can’t overlook Paul being bigger and younger but they don’t even belong in the same sentence when you think about combat sports skills and experience. This would feel less like a spectacle than the other Paul vs former MMA guys and I’d be interested to see how this fight would go.
Jake paul is not bigger than silva he is probably 5'11"-6'0" and 200 lbs silva is 6'2" and cut weight when he fought at 205 lbs. Silvas age might play a factor if his chin is not there anymore.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Jake Paul would be a fool to get in there with Silva. He's not Woodley or askren. If this happens expect a shit show where Anderson horses around.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Jake paul is not bigger than silva he is probably 5'11"-6'0" and 200 lbs silva is 6'2" and cut weight when he fought at 205 lbs. Silvas age might play a factor if his chin is not there anymore.
haha yeah cause jake paul would definitely find an opening against Anderson. (I don't think he would)

MrSandman

Apr 11, 2020
Screenshot_20220526-140718_Chrome.jpg

The former undisputed MW GOAT, or a fat former NBA player ?.... they know not to let the Spider anywhere near Paul, or else it's game over.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
ha makes sense to milk the cow until it drops. keep it out of the slaughterhouse while the milk's still flowing

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
ha makes sense to milk the cow until it drops. keep it out of the slaughterhouse while the milk's still flowing
Yup. As long as people will tune in for the freak shows, there is no sense in changing course. The dude is a douche but he knows how to protect his brand.

blas4ublasphemy

Oct 25, 2015
Anderson fight is a huge step up in boxing, Jake would be smart to try a fight one of the Diaz brothers if either can get away from the UFC soon and let Silva get even older before signing that one.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He should just do some supplements

Didn't Paul do them?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What is his obsession with fighting NBA players.
Not sure

Unless I am mistaken that Big Baby is a lot bigger than Nate Robinson, like maybe 80-90lbs or more

Lotta fucking beef to deal with even if you can box, B baby could club him with an ugly, fight changes and end the experiment.

Can't believe I thought or typed that...shames on me

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Anderson fight is a huge step up in boxing, Jake would be smart to try a fight one of the Diaz brothers if either can get away from the UFC soon and let Silva get even older before signing that one.
He would make a lot of money fighting nick the pre fights antics would be promotional gold.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
The peasants have no love for this "Nick Diaz", only a select few rabble rousers and malcontents.