Anderson Silva talks wanting to fight McGregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
http://agfight.band.uol.com.br/anderson-silva-desafia-mcgregor-quero-bater-nesse-anao/

"Now that I'm old, I'm starting to challenge everyone. I want to hit that dwarf ... What's the boy's name again? McGregor, McGregor. It is not provocation, no. It's just that I forgot, I'm old. [...] I feel like testing myself against him. I think he's a guy who has an unusual ability. But I do not know if he would reach a weight of 81 kg or 82 kg, which is what I get. But he's a guy that I would like to test before I close my career, "he said.

Anderson Silva: Conor McGregor’s ‘flaws are clear'
"He has flaws. We all have flaws. And his flaws are clear,” Silva said. "He defends well, but he doesn’t have jiu-jitsu. The main thing is that he uses his movement and his opponent’s movement in his advantage.

"He never puts himself in uncomfortable positions. Everyone who fought him put themselves in uncomfortable positions and weren't able to get back to comfortable positions again."

McGregor racked up a 9-1 UFC record in less than four years, winning the featherweight and lightweight belts in the process. Asked if the Irishman has what it takes to defeat Mayweather in a boxing ring, Silva wouldn't say no.

"I think everybody has a chance,” Silva said. "When you step inside (the ring) to fight, you have a chance. Of course that if you’re fighting Mayweather, people would say ‘oh, McGregor won’t last a round,’ but we never know."

"The movement is different, how you have your feet on the ground is different, the timing is different boxing,” he continued. "The only way to see is putting them to fight. He would have to stop at least a year to be able to do a close fight, and I believe he should do it."

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sure, I'll take it!
I mean of course.
If Silva can make 170'ish, why not?

Interesting, because Mcgregor said after the Eddie fight, "If you wanna beat me, you gotta at least have my size/length, you gotta have attributes"
Well, Conor's reach is at 74", and Silva's is at 77 1/2". That's an attribute.
It would make money, so go for it.
Meanwhile, Tony and Khabib need championship dough.

But yeah, it'll never happen.

PrideNeverDie

Posting Machine
Feb 6, 2016
this is getting embarrassing , silva fights 30lb heavier and hasnt made 170 since 04..... maybe 05 ?? , id love to see McGregor get a front kick to the chin but for fuck sake this shit is just silly

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Would be entertaining to watch even a 41 year old silva take on conor he is a bigger stronger diaz bro with a decent chin.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Even at his prime that would be a boring fight. They're both counter-strikers so both of them would just wait for the other person to hit. This is why Silva - Nick Diaz was so boring, because Nick understood what Silva wants to do and he wanted none of that.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
He would maul my boy conor imo. That flying knee to bisping would have slept conor. Bisping is probably 4-6 inches taller. Silva is still a dangerous mofo!!

Last edited:

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Would be amazing sight to see.. But I wouldnt like hearing Conor McNuggets make insults leading up to the fight. And then complain about the size difference after he loses.

So against the Just Bleed Fan in me id rather this never happen.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
He would maul my boy conor imo. That flying knee to bisping would have slept conor. Bisping is probably 4-6 inches taller. Silva is still a dangerous mofo!!
Bisping vs conor might be entertaining the shit talk in the press conferences would be good.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
This is pretty far fetched. UFC is protecting Conor from a 3rd fight with Nate Diaz because Nate is just way too big for Conor. I would be surprised to see them match him up with someone as big as Anderson.