Angela Magana argues UFC 218 referee stoppage, calls for 'equal rights in fights'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Angela Magana believes her UFC 218 fight was waved off prematurely, because she is a woman.

Magana dropped to a five-fight losing skid when Amanda Cooper stopped her with strikes in the second round. Cooper dominated Magana, an alum of The Ultimate Fighter 20, for the entire duration of the fight, especially on the mat. Cooper had Magana’s back and was landing ground-and-pound when the referee stepped in.

But Magana doesn’t think the stoppage was warranted.

In a series of tweets on Sunday, the strawweight explained that if she was a man, the referee would have let her survive until the end of the round, which was 26 seconds away when Cooper was awarded the win.

View: https://twitter.com/AngelaMagana1/status/937364373923946496

Angela Magana argues UFC 218 referee stoppage, calls for 'equal rights in fights'

Last edited:

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
In rizin
No weight class and soccer kicks
sounds damn good to me
Knees to the head of a grounded opponent as well.. but to be fair.. she'll get "injured" like she did the last time they were supposed to fight.. Still though.. Daddy needs a 4k monitor and a GTX1080.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Knees to the head of a grounded opponent as well.. but to be fair.. she'll get "injured" like she did the last time they were supposed to fight.. Still though.. Daddy needs a 4k monitor and a GTX1080.
I have no clue what either of those things are

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
As a member of the WSHM Community (white straight heterosexual male {we are under consideration for more letters}), I have to say I find this appalling that she is enabling the oppression of late stoppages for men. I won’t even get into her objectifying us as just “bananas in shorts.” We are constantly trying to fight for more accurate stoppages, just like she got. Its sexist for her to keep her accurate stoppage privelages. Its a mess I tells yas!

I don’t know when this discrimination is going to end, boys....

Am I doing this justice warrior thing right?

M

member 603

This chick..... She needs to go away..... PLEASE MAKE HER GO AWAY!!!!!

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
This chick..... She needs to go away..... PLEASE MAKE HER GO AWAY!!!!!
This was a "shut up and drop the charges against Cyborg/pity" booking.
She's got no legitimate MMA skill that could see her make a living once WME casts her aside. She's mid-thirties, what looks she has will shrivel up very soon.
She'll swirl around the bowl and down into obscurity before you know it.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Can't blame just Magana for uttering these words of victimhood. It is very much part of our culture now. If you failed at something, just advocate for equal rights, it takes all the responsibility from you while being the second coming of Dr. King Jr. You can't be called out on it, as your defense will be that these opposers are racist or sexist.