General Another One: self defense or no?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Self Defense?

• Yes

• No

• Yes because Texas

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
What does the video of Chad Read's fatal shooting show?
The video opens with Kyle Carruth telling Chad Read to get off his property as Read argues with his ex-wife about not having one of his sons at the court ordered time.

Chad Read can be heard telling Christina Read that he was supposed to have him at 3:15 p.m. During the argument, Christina Read could be heard saying the child was not at the residence on 90th Street and that she was going to fetch him.

Christina Read can be heard telling Chad Read that she didn't abide by the court ordered deadline because she wanted to see their son.

"I don't care if you wanted to see him or not," Chad Read could be heard saying. "I get him at 3:15 p.m. If you want to see him, you see him up until 3:15. You keep trying to keep my son from me."

As Read threatened to subpoena multiple people, including Anne-Marie Carruth, Kyle Carruth emerges from the home armed with a rifle, saying, "I'm glad this is on video, I'm very glad."

Carruth yells at Read to leave and the two bump chests, with Read daring Carruth to use the weapon.

"Do it," Read can be heard saying. "You better ******* use it ************."

As the two argue, Carruth be seen firing a shot on the ground at Read's feet. Read can be seen grabbing the barrel of the rifle and during the struggle over the weapon, Read pushes away Carruth, who is thrown off a few feet, spins around and fires twice at Read, who could be heard saying, "think I'm ******* scared?"

The camera pans at Read who has dropped on the ground and Jennifer Read could be heard telling someone to call 911.

Before the video ends, Kyle Carruth can also be heard telling Jennifer Read, "None of you all should be here. I asked you to leave. I did everything ... I did not want to do any of this."

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
that's murder.

he disengaged and returned with a weapon. he shot at the victim's feet when the victim made contact with the weapon.
he did not perceive an immediate threat to his life when the unarmed guy was 6' further away.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i guarantee that rifle has < 500 rds through it, all pointed at paper.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
that's murder.

he disengaged and returned with a weapon. he shot at the victim's feet when the victim made contact with the weapon.
he did not perceive an immediate threat to his life when the unarmed guy was 6' further away.
I thought the same thing at first. BUT the guys says, " do it! Or I will take it from you". And then tries to take the gun. How did he know the guy wasn't just going to try again and kill him with it?

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Fake psyop to take the guns away from that state - next. Camera angle is weird, acting is horrible and unless you have a single digit IQ it's pretty obvious this is set up.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
that's murder.

How do you think it will play that after they separate the shooter was now between the victim and a way to escape/leave?

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
We see what's going on in Australia - their Govenmwnt has gone mad with power but before they did they made sure to take away their guns.

Now their is no one to stand up against tyrants

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
From what I understand of American law, that's legal. Aren't you allowed to shoot anyone who poses a threat or you believe intends to do you physical harm? Isn't that what stand your ground law is?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Wow. The woman shooting the video is the wife of the guy who gets killed. Her reaction is bizarre. She's so calm "You did it. Not him.".

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Wow. The woman shooting the video is the wife of the guy who gets killed. Her reaction is bizarre. She's so calm "You did it. Not him.".
Everyone is so calm. It's freaky how calm they are. But God forbid anyone call 911 when shit starts getting really heated. Can't be bothered to do that.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Read seems to have menaced kyle first who fired a warning shot. Then escalated the situation by grabbing the barrel of the gun physically battering kyle with the push and menacing her once more after he went flying allegedly. If we are applying they rittenhouse case to this the man grabbing the guns barrel and physically battering her will make this a self defense aquittal. This carruth might also get off because she was on her property and is probably the legal owner of that rifle over 18 years old.

Last edited:

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Custody battles bring out the absolute worst in people. If it was California I think charges and conviction would be most likely. In Texas it's up in the air so we'll see. Sad all around though. R.I.P. to the Father...

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
From what I understand of American law, that's legal. Aren't you allowed to shoot anyone who poses a threat or you believe intends to do you physical harm? Isn't that what stand your ground law is?
no. the person has to present an actionable threat for which a reasonable person would fear for their life or the life of another in the moment.

"Stand Your Ground" just means you don't have a duty to retreat in that situation.