General Another One: self defense or no?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Self Defense?

• Yes

• No

• Yes because Texas

Results are only viewable after voting.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
No, he couldn't. He would have had to get past me to do that
But he was already past you. You were fast asleep. If he had taken care to close the door quietly - or even leave it ajar - then your gun is his now.

and he had no way of knowing it was there anyway.
"I had a loaded gun on my nightstand that I walked past to show the guy the door."

This is not responsible gun ownership mate. If that guy was looking for guns to sell on, your gun is an illegal weapon in the hands of a gang member now.

??

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Because you kept going on and on how you're a responsible gun owner and you have loaded guns around your apartment and no one can get in through your multiple layers of security, that was a lie.
How is that a lie? Nobody got through those layers of security. The door was unlocked.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
But he was already past you. You were fast asleep. If he had taken care to close the door quietly - or even leave it ajar - then your gun is his now.

"I had a loaded gun on my nightstand that I walked past to show the guy the door."

This is not responsible gun ownership mate. If that guy was looking for guns to sell on, your gun is an illegal weapon in the hands of a gang member now.

??
No, he wasn't. I was awake, and he was on the opposite side of the room at the foot of the bed. He wasn't past me. If if and buts were and candy and nuts... that guy would have ended up in the hospital rather than the hallway.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
How is that a lie? Nobody got through those layers of security. The door was unlocked.
To be fair, you made a big deal about how you didn't need to secure your guns in a safe to be a responsible gun owner, because nobody is breaching Fort Mac.

Except for that time when some random wastrel just strolled in the front door in the middle of the night while you were sleeping, of course. :smile:

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
No, he wasn't. I was awake, and he was on the opposite side of the room at the foot of the bed. He wasn't past me. If if and buts were and candy and nuts... that guy would have ended up in the hospital rather than the hallway.
By your own version of events, you woke up when he closed the heavy door loudly.

If he was intent on quietly stealing, then you wouldn't have woken up.

And your gun is on the street now.

??

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
To be fair, you made a big deal about how you didn't need to secure your guns in a safe to be a responsible gun owner, because nobody is breaching Fort Mac.

Except for that time when some random wastrel just strolled in the front door in the middle of the night while you were sleeping, of course. :smile:

??
To be fair, he had no access to any of my guns.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
betting mysticmac @mysticmac doesn't leave his gun on the nightstand when he's not home.

but even if he does - if you're not home, there's no gun safe that will keep criminals out.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
that's how my nightstand firearm works.
My nightstand is just my pocket dump area. My phone and wallet are placed there at the same time my gun is. Like I said, the loaded unlocked guns I keep around are the guns that I carry on a regular basis.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
My nightstand is just my pocket dump area. My phone and wallet are placed there at the same time my gun is. Like I said, the loaded unlocked guns I keep around are the guns that I carry on a regular basis.
My old nightstand had a locking drawer, and I kept a key on my keychain...so at night I'd just unlock the drawer when I put my keys down, lock it when I took my keys in the AM