Lifestyle Another successful Courir de Mardi Gras in the books

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I’m not talking about that tourist shit show in New Orleans... talking about the true to tradition one in Acadiana.

I caught two chickens and maybe some herpes. Definitely borderline alcohol poisoning

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Did you guys sacrifice any children?
Of course...

Honestly though, I don’t understand why people bring their kids out for the Courir de Mardi Gras. It’s literally hundreds getting completely slammed and chasing chickens and stopping off at random houses along the way to beg for gumbo ingredients and do shots. Keep the kids at the family friendly parades.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I’m not talking about that tourist shit show in New Orleans... talking about the true to tradition one in Acadiana.

I caught two chickens and maybe some herpes. Definitely borderline alcohol poisoning

thats great
How was the Gumbo?....I love Gumbo

I have blue andalusian chicken...supposed to be the fastest(they recommend fishing net to catch em)...wonder if you guys could grab that breed?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
thats great
How was the Gumbo?....I love Gumbo

I have blue andalusian chicken...supposed to be the fastest(they recommend fishing net to catch em)...wonder if you guys could grab that breed?
It’s hard enough to catch these trash ass chickens. I couldn’t imagine chasing an actual fast one.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It’s hard enough to catch these trash ass chickens. I couldn’t imagine chasing an actual fast one.
lol..I was wondering...I tried but this one has boosters...can only grab it if I sneak up on it in dark on perch

Of course...

Honestly though, I don’t understand why people bring their kids out for the Courir de Mardi Gras. It’s literally hundreds getting completely slammed and chasing chickens and stopping off at random houses along the way to beg for gumbo ingredients and do shots. Keep the kids at the family friendly parades.
They are selfish and stupid?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
They are selfish and stupid?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Several of the towns that have a Courir de Mardi Gras have separate ones for kids and even women. Traditionally it was meant for only the men of the community, but they allowed women when it became popular again and even gave them their own on a separate day so they aren’t fighting around with drunk men while chasing the chickens.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Several of the towns that have a Courir de Mardi Gras have separate ones for kids and even women. Traditionally it was meant for only the men of the community, but they allowed women when it became popular again and even gave them their own on a separate day so they aren’t fighting around with drunk men while chasing the chickens.
Women’s rights will be the end of western civilization.