General Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
This sentiment appears in every suicide thread “coward” “selfish”. In a lot of cases suicide is not a rational act. It is often accompanied by mental conditions which alter/distort perceptions. I can’t speak for the man but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was in a mental state where he felt like his daughter and the world itself would be better off without him.
I have no problem with people committing suicide unless they leave behind children that arent old enough to fend for themselves. Its selfish and being selfish isnt a reason to rest in peace. If you are going to have children you should be prepared to actually be there for them.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
The fact that life is "pointless" makes it kinda great. You can't really fuck it up and you can't really change the world so enjoy it and stop worrying about every little thing.
i LOVE this perspective

in the scheme of things, our little lives mean NOTHING. they are a blink of an eye for the universe as a whole

but the fact that life can feel special, despite knowing it's mathematically 0 in terms of the universe, makes me smile. life is special =)

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This bitch broke his heart

Celebratory mood: Asia Argento spent the weekend in Rome with reporter Hugo Clement, with the two seen smiling as they walked through the streets of Rome (Argento and Clement above on Sunday)

Happy pair: The pair were seen affectionately embracing just and laughing with a group of friends just a few weeks after attending the Cannes Film Festival (above on Sunday)

Good time: Argento is also enjoying professional success, having been named as a new judge on the Italian version of X Factor and directing the recent Parts Unknown (Argento and Clement on Monday above)

New love: Argento, 42, first met Bourdain, 61, just around the time that it was revealed that he and his wife Ottavia were separating after nine years of marriage (Argento and Clement on Monday)

Asia Argento embraces Clement who shared her attack on Weinstein | Daily Mail Online

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i LOVE this perspective

in the scheme of things, our little lives mean NOTHING. they are a blink of an eye for the universe as a whole

but the fact that life can feel special, despite knowing it's mathematically 0 in terms of the universe, makes me smile. life is special =)[/QUOTE
yes

PloopyPloop

Jun 8, 2018
Yea, it's sad. It's sad because it's selfish. Breakups happen all the time.Get over it. You HAVE to get over it for your 11 year old daughter, who you have now scarred for the rest of her life. Yea, depression. Get help! I know you didn't want to live, but I'm sure your daughter wanted a father in her life for more than 11 years.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Very sad news, Bourdain was an incredible human being, one of my favorite celeb's on earth. I feel that his spirit has gone to a better place up there. I truly love the way he thinks, his perspective, his intelligence, his compassion. If the world had more Anthony Bourdain's we would be in a more supreme place.

My thoughts and prayers with him and his family, may we join him in a beautiful place up there at some juncture. Shine.

PloopyPloop

Jun 8, 2018
Very sad news, Bourdain was an incredible human being, one of my favorite celeb's on earth. I feel that his spirit has gone to a better place up there. I truly love the way he thinks, his perspective, his intelligence, his compassion. If the world had more Anthony Bourdain's we would be in a more supreme place.

My thoughts and prayers with him and his family, may we join him in a beautiful place up there at some juncture. Shine.
He's not in a beautiful place. You don't get into heaven if you kill yourself.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He's not in a beautiful place. You don't get into heaven if you kill yourself.

Says who? The lies you read in the Christian bible, the same Christian bible that ripped off the flood story of Noah from the Sumerian's Epic of Gilgamesh?

There is no hell, but I do believe in a heaven or a paradise and no bs in the Bible or any holy book would lead me to believe that Bourdain killing himself means he can't get there. I wish the guy did not kill himself, especially with his daughter, but I ain't buying into bullshit Christian ideas. I cut out the middle man and go straight to God, fuck religion, its just mind control for people who cant think for themselves.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Yea, it's sad. It's sad because it's selfish. Breakups happen all the time.Get over it. You HAVE to get over it for your 11 year old daughter, who you have now scarred for the rest of her life. Yea, depression. Get help! I know you didn't want to live, but I'm sure your daughter wanted a father in her life for more than 11 years.
A child is more than enough reason to live.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is true. Bourdain might have lived a righteous life for the most part, but now he'll spend eternity in purgatory, if the bible is right.

That's not true at all. The Bible never says that suicide is unforgivable sin.
The idea of purgatory for suicide is built out of Catholicism primarily, and the focus on the need for repentance for the act. Quite clearly the rest of Christian dogma does not require an overt asking for repentance on earth for the many sins that we don't acknowledge throughout our life. Heaven only requires the belief and acceptance of Jesus Christ.

Oct 24, 2015
RIP. WTF is up with the trashing of Anthony? People acting holier than thou. Lol at people people referencing the bible now. Religious are we. Here is one. He who is without sin cast the first stone.

PloopyPloop

Jun 8, 2018
Show me the biblical verse that says this.
I don't need a Bible, and I don't need religion. It's F'ed up to kill yourself if you have young children. If there is an afterlife, no matter what religion you practice, I would hope that this would be one of those unforgivable things you could do in life. It's murder. The only difference is, the murderer is killing themself.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
The idea of purgatory for suicide is built out of Catholicism primarily, and the focus on the need for repentance for the act. Quite clearly the rest of Christian dogma does not require an overt asking for repentance on earth for the many sins that we don't acknowledge throughout our life. Heaven only requires the belief and acceptance of Jesus Christ.
But how can you repent if you're dead? Ahhh, got you there!

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I agree with all of that except the last sentence. God is God and does not care about religion if God made it so you had to be of 1 religion than God would be the most evil bastard ever.

I think a true God would allow a buddshit or a person of any religion or non religion to get to heaven, if that person's espouses the values of Christ, I dont think you have to even know about Christ to espouse his values.

Who is closer to God, some Christian who is a piece of shit, has a dirty soul, treats people like shit all his life but says " I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and saviour" or say some buddshit kid, growing up in a tiny town away from civlilzation, never heard of Jesus, but lives his life in a way personifies the teachings of Christ, who is closer to God?

Religion divides up and seperates us, in my mind there is no 1 right religion, its all about what is in your heart, how you treat your fellow human's and what kind of personal spirituality you bring

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Really enjoyed his shows.

Its a damn shame.

Mental illnesses really are an epidemic that should be treated as such.

Wish more people got help.

Pain isn't always on the surface.

R.I.P.