Anthony Johnson now fighting Jimi Manuwa, not Jan Blachowicz, at UFC 191

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Jimi Manuwa

Anthony Johnson (19-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) is now longer fighting fellow light heavyweight Jan Blachowicz (18-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) next month at UFC 191.

Instead, “Rumble” is slated to meet Jimi Manuwa (15-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC), UFC officials today announced. Manuwa was recently cleared to resume training, so officials opted to book him against Johnson, the report stated.

Blachowicz is expected to get a new opponent for the card.

UFC 191 takes place Sept. 5 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on PPV following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Johnson, who’s ranked No. 3 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA flyweight rankings, and honorable mention Manuwa are slated for the main card.

Johnson fights for the first time since a May title loss to Daniel Cormier. It snapped the 31-year-old former welterweight’s nine-fight winning streak, which came at light heavyweight and heavyweight.

Manuwa recently rebounded from his first career loss – a TKO defeat to Alexander Gustafsson – with a decision victory over Błachowicz. The 35-year-old Nigerian-English fighter earned 13 knockouts in his first 14 career wins.

The latest UFC 191 card now includes:
  • Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson – for flyweight title
  • Alex Chambers vs. Paige VanZant
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Jimi Manuwa
  • John Lineker vs. Francisco Rivera
  • Nazareno Malegarie vs. Joaquim Silva
  • Jan Blachowicz vs. TBA

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Besides the last fight, every fight Manuwa has been has been a stoppage (including his loss to Gustafson).....I knew he was a killer from the few times I watched, but shi-........we are guaranteed there will be a finish

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
teamquestnorth @MMA'S Worst Gambler might bet you on this one :p
I'll put $50 on AJ right now. This is free money. Manuwa ain't got shit for AJ. He's going to get OMGWTFPND right off the face of the fucking planet. It's going to be an epic fucking gorilla rape. It's going to be two minutes of HOLY FUCKING VIOLENCE, and Manuwa is going to board the express train to Parkinson's. He should have Michael J. Fox walk him out, and the Ghost of Paul Bearer waiting for him with a coffin. Just signing the fight contract shortened Manuwa's life expectancy. He should be living on a diet of Deer Antler Spray, White Rhino Horns, and MuscleMilk for the remaining days of his terminal fight career.

This ain't a fair fucking fight.

View: https://youtu.be/lSPNQ82Sq4E

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I'll put $50 on AJ right now. This is free money. Manuwa ain't got shit for AJ. He's going to get OMGWTFPND right off the face of the fucking planet. It's going to be an epic fucking gorilla rape. It's going to be two minutes of HOLY FUCKING VIOLENCE, and Manuwa is going to board the express train to Parkinson's. He should have Michael J. Fox walk him out, and the Ghost of Paul Bearer waiting for him with a coffin. Just signing the fight contract shortened Manuwa's life expectancy. He should be living on a diet of Deer Antler Spray, White Rhino Horns, and MuscleMilk for the remaining days of his terminal fight career.

This could be a 4 minute fight......if so Johnson, if it is a tiring fight and goes to a second round who knows, Manuwa might take him but I don't think it goes beyond the first but my last two picks were off

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I thought Manuwa couldn't get a visa for the US cause of an old armed robbery charge?

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Yeah.