Anthony Johnson would 'wait a year' for Jon Jones, if UFC 187 fight gets cancelled

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"I only want to fight for the title," Johnson said. "I feel like I've worked my way up to being the No. 1 contender, and I plan on staying that way. Unless it's for a title, I don't want to be like Vitor and wait a year. But if I have to, I will."

"Nothing's changed," Johnson said Monday on UFC Tonight. "I'm still training hard, staying focused, staying on the grind. Like I said, whoever they give me, whatever they throw my way, I'll be ready no matter what."

Anthony Johnson would 'wait a year' for Jon Jones, if UFC 187 fight gets cancelled - Bloody Elbow

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Fuck that. Rumble is in his prime. He shouldn't have to sit on the shelf due to Jones' stupidity.

Would rather see Jones stripped and Rumble vs DC for the belt. The real belt and not some interim bullshit.

When Jon decides he can act like an adult he can come back and attempt to get his belt back.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Fuck that. Rumble is in his prime. He shouldn't have to sit on the shelf due to Jones' stupidity.

Would rather see Jones stripped and Rumble vs DC for the belt. The real belt and not some interim bullshit.

When Jon decides he can act like an adult he can come back and attempt to get his belt back.
DC is scheduled for June against Bader.
If you did Rumble vs ???? for an interim, who should it be?

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
he don't want a paper belt..He wants to ttest himself against one the best ever..I can see your point though Longo..

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I would say postpone the 205 belt a month or so to give both Rumble and DC time to prepare. Idk if DC could safely make the weight in 3 weeks.

Either that or just make a fun fight like Rumble vs Manuwa but theres a lot of Risk and little reward for rumble there besides the extra payday.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
he don't want a paper belt..He wants to ttest himself against one the best ever..I can see your point though Longo..
If they (UFC) strip Jones and Rumble fights Cormier for the belt, then that's real. Fighting for an interim belt would be a waste of time, in my opinion, since no one would take such a move seriously. Of course there a lot of fans who would argue that Jones is still the champ until someone defeats him, which sets up an even bigger fight down the line.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
DC is scheduled for June against Bader.
If you did Rumble vs ???? for an interim, who should it be?
Fuck Bader get DC in vs Rumble if he can make weight. Otherwise there is no one else. LHW division isnt stacked anymore.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Ding Ding Ding.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
keep jones out of jail long enough for this to happen. i don't care what they do to him once rumble beats him.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I expect the fight will happen as planned. The legal system takes their sweet ass time. He will be allowed to make a living while going through the litigation process. The issue may be that after he beats rumble then goes to jail, what do you do. Depending on how long he's incarcerated he may have to be stripped. Then you set up a match for the fake belt. He has already beating everyone. I always thought Gus beat him, but Rumble walked through Gus. I guess it would have to be DC versus Rumble until Jones gets out and takes it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
keep jones out of jail long enough for this to happen. i don't care what they do to him once rumble beats him.
Need a button for extremely optimistic, jones - though I don't like him - is going to beat anyone they put in front of him.....the man might do a lot of coke, smoke a ton of weed and bang a lot of whores but that man will be prepared to fight anyone anytime......provided he has time to prepare, why he avoided Chael first time is example of this..........just this man's opinion

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
He will dismantle rumble, I'm sorry but it's going to happen.........and I have no allegiance to the man, just fact.....either ud or outright elbow to face punishment, early stoppage

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
He will dismantle rumble, I'm sorry but it's going to happen.........and I have no allegiance to the man, just fact.....either ud or outright elbow to face punishment, early stoppage
Agree, except for the UD. He will win via stoppage. Probably ground and pound elbows. And for the record, I would love to see rumble win. Rumble is humble and vicious. He has paid his dues and would be a great champ. I just don't think anybody can beat jones, at any weight. The guy may or may not be a dick, he may or may not be an addict, but he is definitely the baddest man on this planet- and probably Mars too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Need a button for extremely optimistic, jones - though I don't like him - is going to beat anyone they put in front of him.....the man might do a lot of coke, smoke a ton of weed and bang a lot of whores but that man will be prepared to fight anyone anytime......provided he has time to prepare, why he avoided Chael first time is example of this..........just this man's opinion
I hate that you are probably right, I'd love to see Rumble as LHW champ though and will be going nuts cheering for him.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
At some point the lifestyle catches up. He is still in his 20's, so he can get away with it for now. He sounds like the type who will suddenly experience a performance drop, like so many boxing greats did in the 80's/early 90's because of their coke (and other drug) use.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
AJ is all class, but fuck waiting a year for Jones. If they don't fight at 187, strip Jones of the belt, and schedule Rumble & DC for the title. Suspend Jones for 12 months, and let him fight for the belt when he returns. Dude needs a reality check.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I would say postpone the 205 belt a month or so to give both Rumble and DC time to prepare. Idk if DC could safely make the weight in 3 weeks

That's a really good point and is what should be done.
Frankly I'd cancel 187 if I were in charge and I know how badly we all want this fight.

P

Punch

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms: honesty, probity, rectitude,honor, good character,principle(s), ethics, morals,righteousness, morality,virtue, decency, fairness,scrupulousness, sincerity,truthfulness, trustworthiness
    "I never doubted his integrity"
  2. 2.
    the state of being whole and undivided.
    "upholding territorial integrity and national sovereignty"
    synonyms: unity, unification, coherence,cohesion, togetherness,solidarity
    "the integrity of the federation"

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
AJ is all class, but fuck waiting a year for Jones. If they don't fight at 187, strip Jones of the belt, and schedule Rumble & DC for the title. Suspend Jones for 12 months, and let him fight for the belt when he returns. Dude needs a reality check.
seeing into the future based on what I read this morning, who are your connections and can I call you a friend?, i.e. "my boy, IWEI, he knows everything and we're good friends"......