Anthony Pettis tells Khabib Nurmagomedov to 'humble himself' after getting 'a little taste of his ow

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

Former UFC lightweight championAnthony Pettis took a little heat last week when he appeared to take delight in the news that undefeated contender Khabib Nurmagomedovhad suffered an injury setback to his knee.

Pettis later clarified, saying he was simply returning the favor.

"He was talking big crap when I was injured, how I was a paper champ and scared to fight people,"Pettis told MMASucka.com (via Bloody Elbow). "Injuries happen and there's nothing you can do about them. He got a little taste of his own medicine."

Even prior to Pettis dropping his title to current champion Rafael dos Anjos atUFC 185 in March, Nurmagomedov was very vocal about how much stock he put into 'MMA math.'

Nurmagomedov scored a unanimous decision victory of dos Anjos at UFC on FOX 11 in 2014 and called a potential bout with Pettis, 'easy money.'

"He probably didn't wish injuries [on others] but when you talk about injuries and you talk about other people when they're hurt, it happens to you," said Pettis. "That's why I said it to him."

Nurmagomedov underwent knee surgery earlier this week and is expected to be sidelined four

Morning Report: Anthony Pettis tells Khabib Nurmagomedov to 'humble himself' after getting 'a little taste of his own medicine' - MMA Fighting