Anthony Smith: ‘I know I can beat Jon Jones’ in a rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Anthony Smith was beaten soundly by reigning UFC light heavyweight champion and pound-for-pound No. 1 Jon Jones at UFC 235, but ‘Bones’ has hardly looked impressive in follow-up fights against Thiago Santos and Dominick Reyes.

Smith, on the other hand, rebounded from the Jones loss with a submission win over former light heavyweight title challenger Alexander Gustafsson at UFC Fight Night 153 and ‘Lionheart’ couldn’t be any more confident about his chances against Jones in a rematch.

Speaking of his upcoming light heavyweight bout with Glover Teixeira at UFC Lincoln, which is likely to be postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19, Smith believes a win ought…

Anthony Smith: ‘I know I can beat Jon Jones’ in a rematch

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think he could beat Jones as well, but got lulled into watching Jon in the first fight and let himself get pick apart. Gotta go after him if he gets another shot.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I'm glad he is angling for a rematch but after the beating he took there wouldnt be much interest. UFC needs to throw a truckload of cash at JJ and DC to fight at HW.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
That’s what everyone says...

The ones who had 2nd opportunities failed miserably

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That’s what everyone says...

The ones who had 2nd opportunities failed miserably
true
and it is also true that both rematches included picograms and positive tests

an enigma inside of an enigma

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What in the fuck is he rambling about?

In the 4th round Herb Dean was all like "Hey, Smith. You want this belt?" and the fucking guy said no. Dude was more concerned about placating his ego than he was anything else, he doesn't deserve another shot at Jones.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What in the fuck is he rambling about?

In the 4th round Herb Dean was all like "Hey, Smith. You want this belt?" and the fucking guy said no. Dude was more concerned about placating his ego than he was anything else, he doesn't deserve another shot at Jones.
it would have been a win but not a belt
at least that is what I heard
of course I could be wrong about that so take my words with grain o salt

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You've given me a thought Rambo John J @Inside Job

If the champion can't lose the belt on DQ, maybe JBJ keeps cheating because there's no chance of losing his belt, like the Honky Tonk Man.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
I wonder how many ridiculous talents MMA has lost just because they're too smart to have the typical, delusional mindset fighters like Smith have.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
I say we put Reyes vs santos- winner gets Jones rematch

Anthony Smith can fight someone else