Anthony Smith contemplating middleweight return after UFC Vegas 8 loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

It took Anthony Smith a full decade of fighting at middleweight before deciding to make a jump to light heavyweight. “Lionheart” did achieve success at 205-pounds, landing himself a title shot after a three-fight win streak and first-round knockout wins over former champions.

These days, Smith is on a 1-2 run, with his most recent loss happening on Saturday against Aleksandar Rakic. Now on his first two-fight skid in seven years, he’s facing a crossroad in his career, one that involves dropping back down to his first home weight class.

“I think I’ve got some big decisions to make in my career and figure out where we go from here,” Smith said during the UFC post-fight show (via MMA Fighting). “It’s super frustrating to lose to a guy that you feel that you can beat.

M

member 3289

Reminds me of when Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken had to go back to wrestling Canadians because he kept getting worked every time he wrestled in the states

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
It seems like a pretty decent rule of thumb. Once you think you need to change weight classes, you should just retire. Seems like so many late in there career, after a loss or two think going lighter or heaver will help. It pretty seldom does.