Sci/Tech Anti-malarial Drugs unsafe for use to treat COVID

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Don't take anti malaria drugs unless you get malaria. They give you the shits. And then if you catch malaria you get the same fucken pills to get rid of it

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Top vaccine expert says he was fired for resisting Trump on hydroxychloroquine
A senior US government doctor who worked on the search for a coronavirus vaccine has claimed he was fired after resisting Donald Trump’s push to use the unproven drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Rick Bright was this week ousted as director of the US health department’s Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or Barda, and as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response.

In a stunningly candid statement, Bright highlighted his refusal to embrace hydroxychloroquine, a malaria drug relentlessly promoted by the president and Fox News despite a lack of scientific studies.

“Specifically, and contrary to misguided directives, I limited the broad use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, promoted by the administration as a panacea, but which clearly lack scientific merit,” Bright said.

“While I am prepared to look at all options and to think ‘outside the box’ for effective treatments, I rightly resisted efforts to provide an unproven drug on demand to the American public.”

Trump repeatedly touted hydroxychloroquine as therapy for coronavirus, pointing to a Democratic state representative in Michigan who claimed it benefited her and frequently asking: “What do you have to lose?”

But on Tuesday a major analysis of the drug’s use in US veterans hospitals found no benefit.

Bright added: “I insisted that these drugs be provided only to hospitalised patients with confirmed Covid-19 while under the supervision of a physician. These drugs have potentially serious risks associated with them, including increased mortality observed in some recent studies in patients with Covid-19.

“Sidelining me in the middle of this pandemic and placing politics and cronyism ahead of science puts lives at risk and stunts national efforts to safely and effectively address this urgent public health crisis.”

Bright has reportedly hired lawyers Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, whose clients have included government whistleblowers and Christine Blasey Ford, who went public with allegations of sexual misconduct against Brett Kavanaugh during his supreme court nomination in 2018.

On Wednesday, Ronald Klain, who led the Obama administration’s response to an Ebola outbreak in 2014, tweeted: “Dr Bright is a professional – an expert on vaccines – who I met during the Ebola response. If this is true, it … represents an ongoing effort by the Trump administration to put politics ahead of science and safety.”

Dr Bright said he would request that the health department inspector general investigate the way in which the Trump administration has “politicised the work of Barda, and has pressured me and other conscientious scientists to fund companies with political connections and efforts that lack scientific merit.

“Rushing blindly towards unproven drugs can be disastrous and result in countless more deaths. Science, in service to the health and safety of the American people, must always trump politics.”

Bright, whose entire career had been spent in vaccine development, had led Barda since 2016. He was moved to a less influential post at the National Institutes of Health.

He told the New York Times: “I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit.

“I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science – not politics or cronyism – has to lead the way.”

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Consult an expert next time you spread this shit
Multiple experts stated early on that it's more prudent to pursue repurposing medications than it is to pursue new ones. I wouldn't attempt to argue that Trump has gone hard in the paint on hydro, but media outlets reporting on it as if he pulled it out of thin air is ridiculous.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Multiple experts stated early on that it's more prudent to pursue repurposing medications than it is to pursue new ones. I wouldn't attempt to argue that Trump has gone hard in the paint on hydro, but media outlets reporting on it as if he pulled it out of thin air is ridiculous.
there were only a couple anecdotal studies on the books when he came out telling people that hydroxy-choloroquine was the reason they didn't have to prepare for an extended battle.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
from sparkuri @sparkuri 's video

All antivirals work best EARLY on in the disease. Later does no good since it's supposed to stop the multiplying of the virus. It's not going to magically cure the disease after it's been spread all over the body

Zinc is an important co-factor in the antiviral activity of the cell.

Virtually, every study of HCQ in the US has been given to intubated patients. Not given early. Given very late.

Virtually, every US study of HCA has neither included zinc or mentioned why not

All studies that purport to be definitive are actually garbage if they are not controlling for timing and measuring / controlling zinc serum level

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Every medicine has side effects. Some people have more sides than others, while others don't get any side effects.
If its unsafe for covid then its unsafe for malaria and lupus etc.