Lifestyle Any cigar smokers here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I had one cigar a while back....in "barbs"

My brother bought my grandfather one and we went out into their backyard where I used to hit gargantuan home runs in that 30 foot long yard....

My grandfather decided to act in aggressive manner which was not what I ever saw from him and that is the only one time other.......I'm gonna stop

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I had one cigar a while back....in "barbs"

My brother bought my grandfather one and we went out into their backyard where I used to hit gargantuan home runs in that 30 foot long yard....

My grandfather decided to act in aggressive manner which was not what I ever saw from him and that is the only one time other.......I'm gonna stop
Lol, go on...

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I don't buy them. But if I'm out golfing or something and someone offers me one I will partake.

With the right drink they can be quite good.

Although In the morning my mouth feels like I licked a dirty bums shoe.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I had many but never enjoy them. I prefer the smell of a good cigar over having it myself.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Had a cohiba. My buddy got a box of them from the factory in Cuba.

Fucker was strong.

(For reference they are the ones Castro smoked)

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Had a cohiba. My buddy got a box of them from the factory in Cuba.

Fucker was strong.

(For reference they are the ones Castro smoked)
I'm gonna watch this show on Amazon to learn some stuff.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I love cigars, but don't smoke them as often as I used to. I had a few in my life and thought they were all shit, and honestly didn't know why people bought them. Then one night I had one that changed my mind completely. After that I got into them heavily, bought a humidor, filled it up, then bought a few more humidors, filled them up. Ultimately i learned what i liked, and what to avoid, then got a high volume temperature controlled humidor and spent tons of money stocking it (tobacco crops differ year to year, so wrappers and fillers don't always taste the same, similar to wine). Now that I smoke them seldomly, I have to laugh at this lifetime supply of cigars.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I love cigars, but don't smoke them as often as I used to. I had a few in my life and thought they were all shit, and honestly didn't know why people bought them. Then one night I had one that changed my mind completely. After that I got into them heavily, bought a humidor, filled it up, then bought a few more humidors, filled them up. Ultimately i learned what i liked, and what to avoid, then got a high volume temperature controlled humidor and spent tons of money stocking it (tobacco crops differ year to year, so wrappers and fillers don't always taste the same, similar to wine). Now that I smoke them seldomly, I have to laugh at this lifetime supply of cigars.
I'm following a very similar progression here. Still figuring out what I like and don't like.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I'm following a very similar progression here. Still figuring out what I like and don't like.
Join cigarbid.com (the devil's site) so you get cigars at a discount. That way you can order tons of varieties, singles, mix packs etc... and pay 50% value (sometimes less, sometimes more). It makes it much easier to afford trying cigars, and that much easier to throw them out when you don't like them.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Join cigarbid.com (the devil's site) so you get cigars at a discount. That way you can order tons of varieties, singles, mix packs etc... and pay 50% value (sometimes less, sometimes more). It makes it much easier to afford trying cigars, and that much easier to throw them out when you don't like them.
Great tip. I'll check out that site. Thanks.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just placed my 1st bid.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Just placed my 1st bid.
The shipping is a set amount and they only ship on certain days, so it is good to have a few things in an order to make the shipping cost negligable. Then again, this really comes into play if you are buying singles. I'm pretty sure the shipping day is tuesday, so any orders/bids won by Monday will be shipped the following day (I think in your settings you can change this to Thursday if you wish). So basically any bids won from Tuesday of the prior week through Monday of the current week would be in the shipment.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The shipping is a set amount and they only ship on certain days, so it is good to have a few things in an order to make the shipping cost negligable. Then again, this really comes into play if you are buying singles. I'm pretty sure the shipping day is tuesday, so any orders/bids won by Monday will be shipped the following day (I think in your settings you can change this to Thursday if you wish). So basically any bids won from Tuesday of the prior week through Monday of the current week would be in the shipment.
Good info. I saw that in the settings and wasn't sure how to handle it yet. I bid on 2 5 packs so we'll see how I do :D

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
*dick move of the day, pro tip*
When a natural disaster of some sort hits a large area, like a hurricane, lots of people lose power and internet. That is a great time to bid on tons of items at once.

Nov 21, 2015
Had a $300 a month Cigar habit... Woke up one day and gave all my
humidors and my entire inventory to a friend. Haven't smoked since.

Its tough somedays though....

I vape occassionaly but its just not the same

Dad

Aug 3, 2017
Had a $300 a month Cigar habit... Woke up one day and gave all my
humidors and my entire inventory to a friend. Haven't smoked since.

Its tough somedays though....

I vape occassionaly but its just not the same
Quitting cigarettes and vaping will never be as good as dry smoke. It just makes me want to smoke, so cold turkey it is.